PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: T-Mobile

nickislauw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy nooo please help me!!!!:'(:'(:'(

hello,
i updated my htc diamond to a specific rom.. i have hard spl installed.
the rom worked fine. but when i rebooted it it says unable to boot blabla.. and now if i do a soft reset it only shows the "htc diamond" screen and the red letters. now i go in hard spl menu but i dont have a image in the root so it says "entry USB host" and then it says failed but i got in the usb plugged!!!!
i can restore to manafucterer but now is my question: DO I LOSE MY 4GB INTERNAL FILES?? BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IMPORTANT!!!
Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: nooo please help me!!!!:'(:'(:'(

No, you dont lose the internal storage

Riley makes a good point in the post right under mine...that could be a problem

Last edited by TREmp77; 11-25-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickislauw View Post
hello,
i updated my htc diamond to a specific rom.. i have hard spl installed.
the rom worked fine. but when i rebooted it it says unable to boot blabla.. and now if i do a soft reset it only shows the "htc diamond" screen and the red letters. now i go in hard spl menu but i dont have a image in the root so it says "entry USB host" and then it says failed but i got in the usb plugged!!!!
i can restore to manafucterer but now is my question: DO I LOSE MY 4GB INTERNAL FILES?? BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IMPORTANT!!!
Thanks
more important question is? are you with t-mobile? are you trying to flash a cdma hard spl on a gsm device?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickislauw is a n00b

no im just flashing some roms from xda for a normal diamond(i got).. ive finally got 1 good rom after 4 bad roms or flashes.. but the rom i got now has only got wm 6.5 and no cool extras but can i flash a nbh file from the bootloader without using a pc? how? tnxx
Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can put a file on the Internal Storage called DIAMIMG.nbh but you have to be in WM to do that.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickislauw is a n00b

ok i did that but how do i update it then when i got the DIAMIMG.NBH in the root? without using a pc. when i go in volume down + reset it goes in hard spl but i cant do anything and i wont be prompted to update so how i do it?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickislauw View Post
ok i did that but how do i update it then when i got the DIAMIMG.NBH in the root? without using a pc. when i go in volume down + reset it goes in hard spl but i cant do anything and i wont be prompted to update so how i do it?

Go here and read the part that talks about flashing from internal storage...you'll have to scroll down a little bit on that page.

Maybe youve already read that but you didnt write the proper directions to get into triggered bootloader for flashing from internal so I posted the link to the instructions.

Last edited by TREmp77; 11-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickislauw is a n00b

i cant get into triggered bootloader when i press this: power+voldown+back button+reset button (the back button is the arrow on the dpad right? but do i need to install triggerd bootloader or something? because i cant get in it:s
Old 11-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No the back button is the right most button above the End key. What I do is I remove the battery, reinsert it, press back, then d-pad center, then volume down, then hold the power key until it finally launches in bootloader.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickislauw is a n00b

damn! it works so i flashed a new rom so it all works but NOW with almost every rom the following happens: the rom works great but then somehow i just reboot it and tells me that the device is unable to boot!!! then i need to reflash! then it work again but this is so annoying and weird! please help! it happenend over 5 roms now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond