PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Touch Diamond Charges but usb connection doesn't work (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97934)

ivan_matos 11-21-2009 08:29 PM

Touch Diamond Charges but usb connection doesn't work

Hello

I drop my touch diamond while i was using the headphones. After that, the data connection doesn't work, nor ActiveSync, not external usb mode,and the headphones sometimes work after plugging in and out like a thousand times; but it charges without any problems.

Any ideas???

MrObvious 11-22-2009 03:58 AM

Re: Touch Diamond Charges but usb connection doesn't work

Warranty replacement time.

liriel 11-23-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1351352)
Warranty replacement time.

Yup, same thing happened to me and I had it replaced under warranty

kdkoch 11-24-2009 03:20 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. Tried mutiple cables and computers. No Joy. My problem with doing the replacement is that the LDI is disclored a little (really bad placement for an LDI). Are they going to give me a hard time about that?

KBZL 11-24-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdkoch (Post 1358166)
Mine is doing the same thing. Tried mutiple cables and computers. No Joy. My problem with doing the replacement is that the LDI is disclored a little (really bad placement for an LDI). Are they going to give me a hard time about that?

Depends who you speak too. Are you trying to get it replaced under warranty or through claims?

kdkoch 11-26-2009 04:45 PM

warranty. Everything works fine but the activsync. Might wind up having to do insurance anyways. I have a custom ROM on it and I have never had luck flashing from internal storage. I have tried but wind up having to reflash using the USB. Since I cant get bootlaoder to go to USB I wont even try again. Or I might just live with it and wait until Sprint gets some new HTC devices

MrObvious 11-26-2009 04:49 PM

If you can get the NBH on your phone somehow it should work. That's all you gotta do. Maybe e-mail yourself an attachment? Or can you upload a multipart RAR file to Rapidshare or something similar and download it on your phone of the stock NBH then unzip it then go to bootloader?

kdkoch 11-26-2009 06:35 PM

I can bluetooth to my system and transfer. Problem is everytime that I try the flash starts then gets about 20% then fails. Then I have to reflash thru USB Bootloader. That option isn't available anymore. Which is sad because I really enjoy this device.