PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: alltel

danno4570 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NUB hates diamond need direction please

I am really getting frustrated with the seemingly endless stream of quirks and glitches on this phone, I had a touch that quit working and got the diamond on an insurance trade, I see there are are many mods for the thing and I have even downloaded a few but always get an error saying I need an updated MICROSOFT.NET compact framework file for them to work, It was an alltel phone now its verison, I'd like to get an user interface that actually works and I understand there are rom changes thats a whole new operating system right? whats a kitchen? thanks, I really dont want to spike it or take a hammer to it but I'm close. Oh I definantly need my tethering to work so I can use it for a modem. thanks again.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: NUB hates diamond need direction please

Unlock your phone

Microsoft .NET Framework redistributable

A new ROM wont put a new OS on your phone, but either an upgrade to WinMo or the same version.

A Kitchen is what is used to build a ROM

There are a few interfaces SPB Mobile shell being my favorite.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danno4570 is a n00b

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry to be a pain but I tried to unlock my phone but it seems I need to get net compact framework into my add/remove program folder my phone doesn't recognize it as a win mob program so it won't open it,my computer seems to like it though, so far cabs are the only things I've had luck installing on this phone. Also I get the diamond unlocker program and my computer doesn't recognize the rar file format so I can't open it to get the unlocker.exe file out could I trouble you for some more help. that operating system to replace the stupid touchflo on my phone is the bomb I really really would like to get that on there if I can, it seems I can't get to first base though.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno4570 View Post
Thank you for your help and I'm sorry to be a pain but I tried to unlock my phone but it seems I need to get net compact framework into my add/remove program folder my phone doesn't recognize it as a win mob program so it won't open it,my computer seems to like it though, so far cabs are the only things I've had luck installing on this phone. Also I get the diamond unlocker program and my computer doesn't recognize the rar file format so I can't open it to get the unlocker.exe file out could I trouble you for some more help. that operating system to replace the stupid touchflo on my phone is the bomb I really really would like to get that on there if I can, it seems I can't get to first base though.
Ok i am a bit confused but Ill try and assisst. First, do you have .net framework 3.5 installed on your computer that you are trying to use to unlock your diamond? Do you have active sync/windows mobile device center installed?

You also went here and downloaded the 057 hardspl? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35839
It isnt in .rar format, its just zipped. Uncompressing zips comes standard on all windows pc operating systems. You dont need a special program.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 11-18-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danno4570 is a n00b

Ok I got it I kept trying to install the framework 3.5 to my phone i'm a retard, I got 3.5 in my add/remove programs file on my computer, I went to the thread and got the hsplo57 it opened right up and said it was going to reload my rom and give me the option after the reload to update my rom so I think I'm ready. the next question is, I bought my phone when it was alltel now verison bought alltel my phone is still a cmda and this isn't going to "brick my phone" right? I'm assuming its not a good thing to "brick my phone" oh yeah I do have activesync on my computer and it works good. thanks by the way you are good at this
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yo... Danno...
I sometimes forget to bring a usb cord or I may be at my sister's house and she doesn't have one or whatever... long story short. I download a cab to the computer I'm using... Then I email it to myself. Then I check email from my phone... Then copy that cab to my memory card... not sure if diamond has memory card... but anyway wherever you store cabs is good... then install from there.
Does that make any sense? or did I confuse you more than I needed to.
I have attached the cab.
p.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Microsoft_.NET_CF_3.5.CAB (2.58 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danno4570 is a n00b

na I used to do that all the time with my touch but the diamond has no card which sucks but thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danno4570 is a n00b

hey thanks folks my phone is unlocked and isn't a brick so now all I gotta do is figure out how to get that cool spb shell os on my phone, thanks again you guys are awesome
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno4570 View Post
hey thanks folks my phone is unlocked and isn't a brick so now all I gotta do is figure out how to get that cool spb shell os on my phone, thanks again you guys are awesome
You could flash a 6.5 ROM from Calkulin that has a trial version of spb shell built in.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494
Post 1 pic on far right is the spb shell.
See post 2 for this download: Calkulin's Diamond 21876 Spb ROM (v4.2) 6.5
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

danno4570 is a n00b

A MONSTER IS CREATED!!!!! I would like to thank all who responded and helped I was on my last leg with this phone about to order a hit on it, I hated it REALLY REALLY bad. I cannot believe its the same phone it looks the same but it actually goes to what you select and does it right away the new sbp shell is mondo cool and lots of glitches are gone, a new ROM may fix the rest. I think it may have molested my iPhone or something as the iPhone was cowering at the far corner of the night stand when I awoke this morning. This could get addicting! thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond