PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

rgreffenius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync after hard reset

First off, I have to warn everyone that I'm not the most PPC literate person in the world, but I stumbled on this site a while back and it's been very helpful for me in learning.

Basically, phone (HTC Touch Diamond) had a major glitch recently and when I took it to the Sprint store, they did a hard reset. That fixed it, and they said they had restored the phone numbers to the phone. When I got home, I realized that while some phone numbers had made it back on, the vast majority hadn't. They're still on my computer, however, so I am assuming I can just use ActiveSync to restore the data, but here's the problem...

The person I spoke to at Sprint told me that the most likely problem with my phone was that something had gotten corrupted and the hard reset had fixed it - it there any chance that reloading the data using ActiveSync is going to reintroduce whatever it was that screwed up my phone in the first place? Are there any precautions I should take to minimize the chances of that happening?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: ActiveSync after hard reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreffenius View Post
First off, I have to warn everyone that I'm not the most PPC literate person in the world, but I stumbled on this site a while back and it's been very helpful for me in learning.

Basically, phone (HTC Touch Diamond) had a major glitch recently and when I took it to the Sprint store, they did a hard reset. That fixed it, and they said they had restored the phone numbers to the phone. When I got home, I realized that while some phone numbers had made it back on, the vast majority hadn't. They're still on my computer, however, so I am assuming I can just use ActiveSync to restore the data, but here's the problem...

The person I spoke to at Sprint told me that the most likely problem with my phone was that something had gotten corrupted and the hard reset had fixed it - it there any chance that reloading the data using ActiveSync is going to reintroduce whatever it was that screwed up my phone in the first place? Are there any precautions I should take to minimize the chances of that happening?

Thanks in advance
You should be fine if you are just syncing contacts. That's probably not where the 'corruption' came from and if it is, you can always just do another hard reset . The easy way to do it is Start-Settings-System-Clear Storage and read the options there (ie choose to not format internal storage, etc.).
Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: ActiveSync after hard reset

Yeah I never really have had ActiveSync issues causing problems with the phone before. I would just restore the contacts and as an added measure start using My Phone and maybe even Google Sync for your Gmail/Contacts/Calendar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond