PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Antivirus protection for diamond??

I haven't seen any thread specific to this question. I had been using a nice program it did backup of contacts etc AND phone location and make it like howl if its stolen etc. but it also scans for viruses etc.

how much of a problem really for the diamond viruses and the like? It doen't appear I have had any failure due to viruses. and the antivirus program never had any major threats just certain firewall events blocked. I'm not running the protection program main reason is its annoying with activesynch (which I have since disabled the contacts backup) and between pim backup and other apps like the windows my phone the stupid thing like makes 5 copies of each of the same contacts. and to not trouble my phone running something that may not be needed. What are everyone's view on virus protection on the diamond?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Antivirus protection for diamond??

It's doubtful viruses will be a problem but the problems will more likely be in remote exploits and stuff like that.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

virus protection isnt necessary on a WinMo device but if you are interested, Flexilis offers a pretty decent program. Has a couple of options and features like Anti-Virus and firewall protection, Data Backup, and remote wipe.
https://beta.flexilis.com/

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

michaelh_66 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It's doubtful viruses will be a problem but the problems will more likely be in remote exploits and stuff like that.
What are remote exploits?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
virus protection isnt necessary on a WinMo device but if you are interested, Flexilis offers a pretty decent program. Has a couple of options and features like Anti-Virus and firewall protection, Data Backup, and remote wipe.
https://beta.flexilis.com/
+1 on this. Except they changed the name to Lookout Mobile Security.
I've been using it on my Vogue for several months now and it seems to do what it claims . I don't notice any performance drawbacks with it at all. I have it set to update, scan, and backup once a week. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelh_66 View Post
What are remote exploits?
I can't remember. (I need coffee!) I think it's either where there is a program you download that is malware and it runs code on your phone or the other way around.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond