PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Re: Built New ROM

So I guess I am a little confused.The kitchen says I can build and has built 6.5.1 so I don't understand why I can't build one.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
So I guess I am a little confused.The kitchen says I can build and has built 6.5.1 so I don't understand why I can't build one.
Because your modules are set too high, i would recmod the sys and then if you still have too many modules, click other in the top left [in VK], then change the "MAX number of modules" to a little higher than you had before. Could you also post your build log for me? I would like to see your memory map.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is the Build Log.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Build_log.rar (4.4 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I want to remove items that I do not use, such as the preinstalled themes, alerts, ring tones, and various other stuff. Do I remove these from each folder or is there a main one I take them out of? I want to remove WMmoneywidget, weatherwidget, can WMwidgets be reomved without hurting anything? I also want to take out transcriber. If someone has a list of items that can be safely removed that would be great as well.

If there is not a post somewhere with a list of items that can be safely removed I will try and put one together. Especially if I don't get any responses

Last edited by b4u2; 11-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just look in your phone for the name of a theme/alert/ringtone and then just search for it in your kitchen. All the ringtones and alerts will be in the same folder. Sorry i cant tell you which folder, im at work right now and dont have my kitchen.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

raynejarre is a n00b

Quick run down, because I ran into this as well. Pop open your kitchen, and go through your EXT and OEM directories.

Basic rundown, if you see a folder, with a name like "d3d_ati.dll" or any other dll, or exe file that is a folder, then that is a module. The visual kitchen only lets you use so many of those, otherwise you run into problems. What you need to do, is find ones that don't need to be modular, and repackage them as dll, or exe, or whatever...

If you look on the left side of your kitchen, you will see a button that says "From module to file", this converts module directories back into files (Albeit, it is the slow method, dig around a bit, there is a batch version as well)

So the next question generally runs down into "What should I leave as a module, and what should I turn into a file" -- Well, general rule of thumb it would seem, is to leave files that you are going to use quite often as modules (Things like the video drivers, manila, etc), and anything else you can turn into a file. I found this thread in particular to be quite useful: http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=490

Also, when someone says to recmod, they mean to turn the module into a file.

Hope that helps a little. I certainly am no expert, nor do I have any publicly released ROM's, but this is the basic run down of what I can figure out from it. Hope it helped a bit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond