PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Tutorial] Customize your Diamond from start to finish -- WM6.5.1 and Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
You can put your finger on the calendar appointments and swipe from right to left and that will go from the calendar appointments to max manila settings, and will also switch from those botton squares you're talking about to your programs tabs.
i saw that. which part of this is supposed to be there by default when you flick the screen upwards, the quick links? or the settings? i would prefer not to see those squares at all.

i also had the problem with the contacts not being readable due to the background as mentioned by billyapd21.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [Tutorial] Customize your Diamond from start to finish -- WM6.5.1 and Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
great tutorial JQuill! Thanks for doing this. Will give this a go soon. Quick question, does this work with 218xx (com2) sys as well or just the 6.5.1 ones?
It should mostly except for the themes.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Just to clarify some issues...these have been posted by a couple people...

Manila 2.5 does have some bugs...as far as the background for all pages goes, that's a feature built into Max Manila and I'll be making some backgrounds that will let you be able to read both black and white text to eliminate this issue with a simple wallpaper change...I'm going to do that so you all don't have to wait for an update to max manila or Manila 2.5. Look for a new set of wallpapers within the next few days (as soon as I have time).

Anybody using any version of Manila other than 2.519202525 should not be using this tutorial. I mean ofcourse you CAN, but you should know that this tutorial is meant for you to be using WM6.5.1 and Manila 2.519202525 OR HIGHER. That's why the FIRST step in this tutorial tells you to install OMJ's 6.5.1 rom (which is the best OVERALL Diamond Rom out right now) which has the newest version of Manila 2.5. This tutorial will not focus on backwards compatibility for older versions of Manila.

I am not saying this to alienate anybody believe me, I just feel like I need to say it because I probably won't be able to respond to your issues as quickly because I only have one phone lol, and I'm currently running exactly what's in this tutorial. So basically as soon as I update my own phone with stuff you'll all get the updates, advice, and any new graphics I make.

Thank you all for using this tutorial! I'm glad you find this interesting and I'm glad to see a lot of people of all skill levels and ranks finding this helpful. My goal for this thread is to create the ultimate user friendly experience that anybody of any skill level can execute and live with.

I think more people need to make tutorials like these. It's obvious that the goal of HTC is to push UI's like Manila and attach them as deeply as possible to WM system architecture. In my opinion companies like Microsoft and HTC need to work EVEN CLOSER together so that HTC's UI's can be just that, thorough user interfaces. Microsoft seems to be hell bent on cashing in on the mobile market, but the right move to me would be Microsoft buying HTC's software division.

Anyway, my goal is for this to become a sticky so that people will just come to this post for small Manila and WM6.5.1 visual customization issues instead of creating threads in all the wrong sections and posting all over the boards.

Last edited by JQuill; 11-13-2009 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tony_stylezzz is a n00b

Looks good
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
Is it just me or does the slider retract really slow sometimes. I have to sit on a tab for a while before it will go down. Am I doing something wrong?
It's supposed to take 3 seconds. For roms and Manila Mods like these I always recommend downloading "Advanced Config" and maxing out the performance settings. Still, it shouldn't take any longer than 3 seconds.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_stylezzz View Post
Looks good
Thanks. You're the third person who's first post on the forums were in this thread. This tutorial is apparently so simple and easy that I'm attracting new members to the site, which means somebody owes me some muh-fuggin money!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'll PayPal you one cent.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond

bxtzd3 is a n00b

my home screen still has the tabs on the bottom. not an arrow like yours has above phone and menu. i did the rom than the clear cab than the 2.5. also how do you keep just one clock?

Rom: Mighty tree.oh
Radio: verizon 1.03.03v
battery life = 12+
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>

PrO... is a n00b

I'm going to try this out later when I get home. I've gotten so sick of my diamond and desperatly want to upgrade but waiting for something worth it, maaybe this will hold me off from getting something I might regret.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I see you have a PPC.

The eye candy makes it worth it. But I like my Diamond even without it really. I get good reception and now battery life since I got my 3000mAH battery. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond