PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fastest, most stable 6.5 ROM? Requesting opinions...

Hey guys,
I have multiple devices running custom ROMs, but my diamond is still plain ol stock even after a year. I'm finally going to flash it with a CR, but wanted some opinions first. I'm looking for the fastest, most stable 6.5 ROM.

Since i haven't been on the diamond forums in ages, i'm way behind on all the updates. Are there any clear winners?

btw, it's a sprint/cdma diamond, so only cdma ROMs please. thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Fastest, most stable 6.5 ROM? Requesting opinions...

All of the current cooks out right now are making pretty stable roms. I would suggest you just dig in and go based upon recent releases and just your good ol preference. You are gonna get a mixed number of folks telling you who the best is. Be aware that manila 2.5 is brand new and somewhat buggy right now so if i were you , i would avoid. Also be aware that flashing to a shipped rom before you flash to a new custom is always a good idea. Flash Away!!!!

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

thanks. well i'll be using mobile shell, so manila doesn't really apply to me in this case. using it on my touch pro2 tho heh.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
thanks. well i'll be using mobile shell, so manila doesn't really apply to me in this case. using it on my touch pro2 tho heh.
Gotcha. Yeah i used spb for a min. Not bad at all.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

check out calkulins rom with mobile shell built in! i havent tried that specific one, but ask anyone & they'll all say calkulin is a genius.

cheers

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aboutDbuzz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Hey guys,
I have multiple devices running custom ROMs, but my diamond is still plain ol stock even after a year. I'm finally going to flash it with a CR, but wanted some opinions first. I'm looking for the fastest, most stable 6.5 ROM.

Since i haven't been on the diamond forums in ages, i'm way behind on all the updates. Are there any clear winners?

btw, it's a sprint/cdma diamond, so only cdma ROMs please. thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I am an enthusiast and have used both the Mighty ROM and the Calkulins spb they both appeared buggy or too crowded. The best I have seen is Extraclean ROM ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95225 ). It is completely flawless. MY PHONE actually work now, after I have already given up on WM and decided to get the Samsung Moment.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

interesting... isn't it too new to say it's the best though? looks like it's only 2 days old. thanks tho! will look into it
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Fastest, most stable 6.5 ROM? Requesting opinions...

I second that. Very stable and fast. Loving it so far!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
check out calkulins rom with mobile shell built in! i havent tried that specific one, but ask anyone & they'll all say calkulin is a genius.

cheers

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

mjf100 is a n00b

I have been using Ultralite 6.5 for several months now. The nice thing about this one is that it is barebones and you add what you want. I have sbp shell because I like some of the features, but my main interface is Androkkid which I have found to be just what I was looking for. Only my opinion. You have to experiment to find out what suits your needs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond