PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

Iamdabobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Iamdabobo
Unhappy Sprint Diamond Backlight?

The backlight seems to be dying on my Sprint Touch Diamond. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is the third time now that it's crapped out and come back. Each time it's crapped out for a different amount of time. I can just barely see that there's something on the screen, but it's not legible. The phone is less than a year old, but I got it off ebay for real cheap and its price didn't justify TEP from sprint. Does anybody have any suggestions or fixes? Buying a new phone isn't exactly out of the question considering I know it'd be expensive to get this one fixed. I considered getting a crap phone off of ebay to use until April, when my 2 year contract is up, but sprint's prices suck so badly I don't know if that'd even be worth it. Also, I have SERO $30/month.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond Backlight?

If it's still useable.... I would add the TEP to it... Call *2 from your phone... Wait several weeks and then file a claim... Who knows... Between now and then... You may loose the phone.
p.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b

TEP/all insurance plans can only be added within 30 days of activation.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So there's your answer.
Right on your first post.
Bite the bullet even if that means getting an ebay phone, till you can upgrade... Then carry the TEP on your new phone.
I didn't know you couldn't add TEP. I've always carried it. I was a bouncer back in the star tac days and I lost a phone almost once every couple of months. lol.

p.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b

at $7/month and $50 or $100 deductible I still don't think it's worth it lol.

although I do now know that it is a hardware issue, so I can quit messing with the ROMs...pressing in a certain location on teh back of the device causes the backlight to return. I wonder if I can keep doing this for the next 5 months...bah whatever lol.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If the phone is under a year old, Sprint should repair it for you under mfg warranty. TEP is actually two plans. $4 for sprint to cover the software/hardware after the 1 yr warranty and $4 to assurion for lost/physical mage. You get a $1 discount for having both plans, hence $7..anyway....

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond