PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
external gps? will it allow me to use laptop for mapping?

will the external gps program/setting on the diamond allow me to hook it up to my laptop for gps mapping?

I do not have a data plan so I can not use the ota gps mapping programs (google/live/etc) but I have ms streets and trips (2006) that has an option for hooking up an external gps

I've been playing with the external gps program settings and can't get streets and trips to see it

is this due to the inability to do this or is it due to just not getting the correct settings yet?

or if anyone has an alternative or better way to get gps'ing w/o a data plan or paying a bunch of cash for another program

thanks in advance
Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: external gps? will it allow me to use laptop for mapping?

The Diamond can do manual GPS. Just install QuickGPS and it should download the satellite data and then you can hopefully get locks outside. Try flashing another radio like the Telus 1.04.05 radio too and it should work.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid
Threadstarter

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

I'm getting gps fine, I just don't have a data connection so I was wanting to hook up to my laptop and use the gps from the phone to locate me using something like microsoft streets/trips which can talk with an external gps

or find a free/cheap mapping program for the diamond that will work without a data connection
Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

N1029676 is a n00b

Yes you can, I haven't discovered a way to do it natively though through windows. I use a program GPSGate. Its a great little program with many features. Just google it.

The idea behind it in this scenario is you will have the GPS going into your GPSGate program and then from there you can create a com port for your laptop to connect to, or even use it over bluetooth/wifi.

Its really neat, post if you need further help. Unfortunately the software is not free, but if you have a need/use for it, i think it is well worth it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond