PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Where is "update profile" in 6.5 roms? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94817)

4wheelfurry 11-05-2009 04:45 PM

Where is "update profile" in 6.5 roms?

Been using my newley acquired Diamond for bout 2 months now and all of a sudden my internet quit working. I did the fixes posted in the stickey but nothing helped. So I call Sprint Tech and they reset my username/pass on their end and tell me to do a update profile, problem is it is not under settings/sys/ there is no update profile anywhere in settings. Running 5.2.23001 version of 6.5... Tech told me to take it to a sprint store to have them run the update since I'm on a custom rom but my closest store is an hr away and they are tards to say the least I know they will tell me to return it back to OE rom before they will attempt to touch it... Where is the update profile, is it a command from /Windows folder or somewhere else?

KBZL 11-05-2009 05:45 PM

Re: Where is "update profile" in 6.5 roms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry (Post 1301607)
Been using my newley acquired Diamond for bout 2 months now and all of a sudden my internet quit working. I did the fixes posted in the stickey but nothing helped. So I call Sprint Tech and they reset my username/pass on their end and tell me to do a update profile, problem is it is not under settings/sys/ there is no update profile anywhere in settings. Running 5.2.23001 version of 6.5... Tech told me to take it to a sprint store to have them run the update since I'm on a custom rom but my closest store is an hr away and they are tards to say the least I know they will tell me to return it back to OE rom before they will attempt to touch it... Where is the update profile, is it a command from /Windows folder or somewhere else?

Typically custom roms are "Generic". Meaning they dont have carrier specific files. Typically custom roms labeled by carriers will include some of the carrier files. Im pretty sure you can just download the Sprint DCD carrier cab and it should have the Update profile option.

darren.wlsn1 11-05-2009 05:48 PM

i have the update profile cab if anybody wants it, pm me.

4wheelfurry 11-06-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1301869)
i have the update profile cab if anybody wants it, pm me.

Got it!! You saved me a trip to my Sprint store and I was so not looking forward to that! Thanks applied to ya

shylude 11-06-2009 01:48 PM

can you fwd the update cab?

wmdunn 11-06-2009 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shylude (Post 1304522)
can you fwd the update cab?

Here you go ...

agentmikeyd 11-08-2009 02:38 PM

what does the update profile do? i recently began flashing ROMs and have never updated profile...do i need too?

thanks

mtiza1 11-29-2009 12:57 PM

how do i add the cab

Deviyl 11-29-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiza1 (Post 1371111)
how do i add the cab

Plug your phone into your computer and wait for it to recognize.
Drag the cab file anywhere on your phone. (remember where it is)
Lift your phone into your hands.
Unplug it from your computer and walk away.*
Find the cab file on your phone.
Run it.

*This step isn't necessary, but just emphasizing the fact that you should be running the cab from your phone-- not the computer.

mtiza1 12-01-2009 02:05 AM

ok thank but after i run it in phone i cant find it