PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   All Sprint Diamond On Verizon Network Please Read (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94650)

violentz313 11-04-2009 06:18 PM

All Sprint Diamond On Verizon Network Please Read

So im having a major issue have tried posting in other threads but its going nowhere. I have been using my sprint diamond on verizon since the old loophole became available and its always worked great. Till i decided to try setix's new rom and somehow it changed all my radio setting and i had nothing working at all.

I managed to fix text and calls by going into epst and fixing all the settings that had changed themself for example it changed my phone number in the radio settings to 000-000-1111 very weird. So im back with everything but data and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it working again. I always get the same unable to connect error.

I have tried everything i could changed the prl, went back to the original sprint on verizon post and changed all the settings back in my mip profile, carrier cab after carrier cab and still nothing.

Please somehow out there who may have had the same problem or something similar help me. I really love this phone but without data its on its way to being retired. Any help would be great and no i cant just call verizon first they dont support the phone obviously and second ive tried telling them i had an unbranded cdma diamond and they still refuse to help me which is understndable since its not there phone but i can usually figure stuff out on my own without calling them anyway. This one though is beyond me please help!!

violentz313 11-05-2009 01:38 AM

Re: All Sprint Diamond On Verizon Network Please Read

So im the only person this has ever happened to...... i find that hard to beleive.

zfxp 11-05-2009 01:40 PM

if you wanna get rid of your tp just lemme know

violentz313 11-05-2009 06:03 PM

Wow well thats not a good sign..... btw its a diamond not a tp.

stormygal_indy 11-05-2009 06:58 PM

It's for a different phone, but here's an older thread I found talking about Verizon data issues. Not sure if there's anything in here to help or if you've seen it already but wanted to pass it along: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26059

violentz313 11-05-2009 07:06 PM

Unfortuantly i have read all through that post. My last try is going to call verizon and ask them to reset the dmu aparently this works for some.

stormygal_indy 11-05-2009 08:21 PM

Sorry that sucks. I'm sure it's frustrating! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

violentz313 11-06-2009 07:18 PM

Another question for anyone... I was reading of a possible fix where u activate another phone for a couple minutes then go back and activate my dimond and it would reset the dmu. My question is if i was to do that theres a good chance i wont be able to get the sprint diamond turned back on right? or since the esn is already in the system will it turn right back on?

intx 11-06-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violentz313 (Post 1305511)
Another question for anyone... I was reading of a possible fix where u activate another phone for a couple minutes then go back and activate my dimond and it would reset the dmu. My question is if i was to do that theres a good chance i wont be able to get the sprint diamond turned back on right? or since the esn is already in the system will it turn right back on?

If they don't allow it, you can simply say you have an unbranded CDMA Diamond you purchased from HTC, mention you had it activated before and you should be okay.

violentz313 11-06-2009 11:23 PM

Guess ill have to bite the bullet and try just hope im able to keep using my diamond if this dosent work.