PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   "ghost" of diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94337)

Deviyl 11-03-2009 02:27 AM

"ghost" of diamond

I recently stumbled upon this forum and have been doing random things to me phone all the time. I mess up on occasion and have to reflash and reinstall all my apps, restore my contacts, etc, etc..

I'd like to not have to do this.

Is there any way I can somehow make a ghost or an image of my phone similar to what you would do to a computer?

What I'd like to accomplish is getting my rom flashed and setting everything up once, then make an image of the entire phone. That way, if anything goes wrong from there on out, I can simply install the image back onto the phone and not have to worry about wasting so much time reconfiguring everything along the way.

I've asked a few people before posting here and they said to get a raw dump of my rom and recook it into my own nbh. Will dumping the rom this way dump all of my config settings, apps, contacts, etc? If so, I've done half of this. I've got the raw files. But I've been reading for a good while now and haven't yet found an app or a guide that shows me how to cook raw dumps into an nbh without all the extra "create your own rom" nonsense.

Thanks for any help.

horndoctor 11-03-2009 03:26 AM

Re: "ghost" of diamond

A rom dump would probably give you everything but the apps and contacts. You probably would have to use oem's of the apps to include into your rom. I don't know if you can include your contacts as part of your rom. You could just use sprite backup or something similar to restore those.

stormygal_indy 11-03-2009 03:33 AM

You could automate a lot of the rebuilding process with Sashimi. It can reinstall apps, registry settings, put files onto the device in specific places for you, etc. It takes a little bit to get it configured and tweaked for your particular situation, but once done it does the majority of the work for you.

snowplow54 11-03-2009 03:40 AM

you could try sprite backup, or spb backup. these seem like they might do what you want them to do. it lets you create an image of your phone and stores them as a self extracting file on your internal storage. that being said, its not always the most reliable method. it works for most roms, but sometimes the roms don't really mesh.

wmdunn 11-03-2009 08:45 AM

I keep a copy of my "go to" base rom and the sprint "shipped" rom on my computer, along with an SPB backup copy on my internal storage. After messing around, trying other stuff ... at the end of the day ... I flash "shipped", "go to" base rom, and finally SPB backup. Takes around five minutes, and I'm fully restored.