PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To Reset EVERYTHING???

Hello,

Might be a silly question, or it may be impossible... but how do we reset EVERYTHING to the default, including MSL settings, internal phone configuration, etc?

Thanks!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How To Reset EVERYTHING???

a hard reset?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Nope... that won't change the settings in the MSL... like your phone number and such...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

It is called reverse logistics.

Do the following

go to your phone pad and type in ##RTN#

now click on menu and reset, it will then ask for your msl, if you don't have and and need your msl read my post below.

Warning, you will lose everything, your msid and your mdn, basically it is turning it to shipping state. Also it will hard reset your phone so make sure you backup your data.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...69&postcount=1

Enjoy!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 07-21-2009 at 10:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That's it!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post

Do the following

now click on menu and reset, it will then ask for your msl, if you don't have and and need your msl read my post below.

Warning, you will lose everything, your msid and your mdn, basically it is turning it to shipping state. Also it will hard reset your phone so make sure you backup your data.

Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
That's it!

Thank you!
Your welcome, I always kill my phone before selling it or sending it back for a swap.

Cheers
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Your welcome, I always kill my phone before selling it or sending it back for a swap.

Cheers
Actually... it did help but I wanted to reset the phone in a way that I would have to re-activate it... I am not sure there'a a way to reset every setting, just like it the phone was new (not the timers, usage etc... but everything else...)

If you know it, please share!

All the best and thansk for the help!!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
Actually... it did help but I wanted to reset the phone in a way that I would have to re-activate it... I am not sure there'a a way to reset every setting, just like it the phone was new (not the timers, usage etc... but everything else...)

If you know it, please share!

All the best and thansk for the help!!
That I believe you are stuck with. Goodluck with that information I believe is stored in a hidden partition and unless you ask No2chem, its not gonna happen. The question is are you trying to cheat someone stating your phone has less mileage =)
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Do the following

Enjoy!
Thanks for this. I am getting my phones ready to sell. If I follow these instructions the new owner will be able to activate the phone via swap or whatever and my previous phone number will not be available to him/her via the msl correct?

BrennB
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
That I believe you are stuck with. Goodluck with that information I believe is stored in a hidden partition and unless you ask No2chem, its not gonna happen. The question is are you trying to cheat someone stating your phone has less mileage =)
No... dont want to change usage numbers... just want all the settings to go back to default. I've changed so many settings, my phone is not acting as good as it used to... I thought starting all over would help...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond