PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Heat Issue: Need Advice. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93898)

Blade107 11-01-2009 02:37 AM

Heat Issue: Need Advice.

So I just got this really nice almost new Diamond. Really like the phone but I'm about to get ready of it (sell it) because it gets hot when surfing the net and also when talking.

I have flashed with a nice Custom Rom from OMJ and another member here, updated the Radio twice and I'm about to give up with this and consider it a lemon.

The phone heats up at the bottom back, just above the USB port. I assume it's where the processors resides.

I have read some reviews where people hate the phone for this reason alone. Maybe I'm just not used to a phone become that hot when in use.

Any inputs will be appreciated before I ebay this bad boy.

Thanks!

MrObvious 11-01-2009 03:22 AM

Re: Heat Issue: Need Advice.

What radio are you running?

Blade107 11-01-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1285465)
What radio are you running?

Recommended by a member here I've been using Sprint 1.12.34F but I just read over at the Radio Thread that Telus 1.04.05V are best for my area in Florida.

Do you think that this issue is hardware related?

Thanks.

MrObvious 11-01-2009 11:01 AM

It could be the radio. Some just get hotter. Try flashing the Telus and see if it helps. It's what I am using and it seems better.

Blade107 11-01-2009 11:32 AM

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

Does your phone gets hot at all? - I mean compared with other phones?

I'm wondering if I have a lemon here.

On a side note: If I'm selling it, which Sprint ROM should I flash back "Shipped" or "Stock"?

Thanks!

Carla 11-01-2009 12:40 PM

Shipped....Mine got pretty hot after a lot of use or a long conversation. It would get hot when tethering too, but I would take the back cover off so it could get some air lol.....A lot of phones like this get hot, some more so then others, when used for an extended period of time like that.

Blade107 11-01-2009 12:52 PM

Thanks Carla, I think I'll stick with it for another week and see if improves with the Telus Radio I just flashed.

This morning I've used the phone for a couple of phone calls and some net, battery level went from full to 70% in 2 hours. Is that average?

It seems this phone is notorious for the warm operation..

Carla 11-01-2009 12:56 PM

Your very welcome.

Warm operation is something you won't get rid of. No matter what radios you flash, the phone is always going to run a little hot under heavy load.

And yes, the battery going fast like that is nothing new. Most phones like this eat batteries like they are going out of style. I had two batteries when I was actively using my Diamond (always had one in my purse). A car charger, and a home and work wall charger lol. I like being prepared.

It is a great device though, don't let a little warmth or bad battery life scare you away.

mswlogo 11-01-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1286281)
Your very welcome.

Warm operation is something you won't get rid of. No matter what radios you flash, the phone is always going to run a little hot under heavy load.

And yes, the battery going fast like that is nothing new. Most phones like this eat batteries like they are going out of style. I had two batteries when I was actively using my Diamond (always had one in my purse). A car charger, and a home and work wall charger lol. I like being prepared.

It is a great device though, don't let a little warmth or bad battery life scare you away.

Very well said. I generally make it through the day fine on one charge. If I tether, I use a USB cable which charges it any way. If I use GPS I power it, in the cradle. I have juice where ever I go but I rarely need it. Over night charge is generally fine. I don't chat long or text much. But I surf a ton on it, and it never even gets very warm from using data.

I shut a lot of junk off, anything with the word HTC in it, is off. Push mail really kills it. I shut of auto brightness and set that low.

Blade107 11-01-2009 01:53 PM

Thanks for the inputs!

Which ROM/Radio are you running?