PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint -_-

RainingDiamonds is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation *Unique* diamond problem...

a friend of mine tried to flash my STOCK rom diamond over to mighty rom 4...once that was done, he added a bunch of new software and my phone looked amazing. Then during a txt msg about 15 minutes later, my windows "wait" icon popped up and wouldnt go away. I tried to reboot it but it wouldnt shut down, so i took the battery out (which worked) but when i turned it back on, ....well basically everything was gone and all that was left was mighty rom. i had to realign the screen and everything.

SO I took my phone back to my friend who reset it, reflashed it, and it crashed again. So he reset it...installed the stock rom, and then the phone worked for about an hour but had a combination of stock rom and mighty rom.

AND NOW the phone will not even boot up! its only booting to the "Touch diamond" screen and thats where its been for the last 4 hours.

Anybody have any idea on how to help

i want to continue with mighty rom if i can, and i loved the fingerboard software my friend added.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: *Unique* diamond problem...

First try a hard reset. Maybe do it a couple times. If that doesn't work then flash the stock rom from your storage card. Hard reset. Then see if it is working ok. Then reflash MightyRom from storage card. Hard reset.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

i will let him know, but im pretty sure he has tried that. he worked on the phone for hours and hours.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work

put it in bootloader and flash to stock rom again...also make sure you have a good copy of stock rom..
Old 09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Did you try a hard reset yourself?You might want to try to learn how to flash your device and maybe you can get it. You just need to carefully read some of the threads that explain the process. I think there is one on this site that even has a video walkthrough.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

When it randomly hard resets, most of the time flashing to shipped rom and then flashing custom rom fixes it.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also use clear storage method to hard reset after the custom ROM flash.

Flash SHIPPED/Flash MightyROM/Clear Storage

How to clear storage...Start/Settings/Clear Storage/1234

The problems you described are not unique (although they dont happen too often) but are more characteristic of a bad flash, that's all.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

**Update** just incase this happens to anyone else, I am letting you all know what ended up being the problem.

Call it a bad flash if you want, but basically what ended up making it work was we had to flash BACK to stock rom, and then re-flash back to mighty rom. wah-la the phone has worked perfectly ever since.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingDiamonds View Post
**Update** just incase this happens to anyone else, I am letting you all know what ended up being the problem.

Call it a bad flash if you want, but basically what ended up making it work was we had to flash BACK to stock rom, and then re-flash back to mighty rom. wah-la the phone has worked perfectly ever since.
I'll be that guy:

There is a new post about pretty much this exact same thing almost every day. A little searching goes a LONG way. Welcome to the fold.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

you just reminded me why I stopped posting on message boards in the first place like 8 years ago. some people are so god damn rude.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond