PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Deviyl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unlocked and changed rom, now picture mail is gone

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I recently unlocked my HTC Diamond with the guide on this site. When it unlocked, I flashed the MightyRom 6.5 onto it.

I had an issue with my internal storage vanishing, but a quick search helped me get that back in working condition.

But now I've noticed my picture mail is gone. Before I did any of this, I could send and receive picture messages though whatever service it is that handles picture mail.

Now the only was I have found is by setting up an email account and sending from there.

I tried installing the arcsoft software found here. It added an option to send via "SMS/MMS" but when I tried sending some test messages, they never worked. So while the option appears to have come back with installing this-- the functionality does not appear to be back.

I would much rather be able to send messages via picture mail instead of email so any help on how I might be able to resolve this issue would be fantastic.

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: unlocked and changed rom, now picture mail is gone

arcsoft lets you send via mms. it should work, try reflashing the rom. non of the custom roms use sprint picture mail, they all use arcsoft mms.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

You just need to install PictureMail, see attached cab
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Picture Mail 0.1.16.4.CAB (2.94 MB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Deviyl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
arcsoft lets you send via mms. it should work, try reflashing the rom. non of the custom roms use sprint picture mail, they all use arcsoft mms.
Good to know, but even after reflashing the ROM it still doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
You just need to install PictureMail, see attached cab
The cab provided won't even install. When ran it simply says unsuccessful.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Note that my sprint picture mail account is still active. The messages I had friends send me to test all appear on the sprint picture mail website. I just need to get it to work (send/receive) on my phone like it always used to.

Last edited by Deviyl; 10-31-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 PM
ICE

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviyl View Post
Good to know, but even after reflashing the ROM it still doesn't work.

The cab provided won't even install. When ran it simply says unsuccessful.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Note that my sprint picture mail account is still active. The messages I had friends send me to test all appear on the sprint picture mail website. I just need to get it to work (send/receive) on my phone like it always used to.
very odd. I am running my own rom, without sprint picturemail and using arcsoft mms. receiving them just fine, and sending them as well just fine. not sure what you may have done. your account will be active, that has nothing to do with the rom you selected. mightyrom might have a problem. try a different rom. heck try mine here. it works for me...
Old 11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I would recommend ArcSoft. Works wonders on a Sprint Diamond.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Deviyl is a n00b

Ok I got arcsoft installed and it looks like it should work. I've sent out a bunch of pictures to friends with notes to reply if they get it. Haven't received a reply yet.

Also, once I send a picture with ArcSoft, my messaging becomes completely inaccessible. Any time I try to go to my messages (by any means of access), the little busy icon pops up for a while like it's going to open the messages, then goes away leaving me at the same place I was before I clicked anything. Kind of annoying-- especially from an app that doesn't appear to work for me.

Any other thoughts on fixing the issue as Arcsoft does not appear to be helping me?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Try another ROM, maybe one with Arcsoft cooked in, and see how it works. Make sure it isn't an issue with just this ROM your flashing.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Try another ROM, maybe one with Arcsoft cooked in, and see how it works. Make sure it isn't an issue with just this ROM your flashing.
follow carla's advise, flash a rom that has it cooked in, dont manually install it... too much of a headache
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I have this same problem on Demolition ROM which is now discontinued. I can't get other people that use that ROM to let me know if they have problems. I have tried Sprint cab, arcsoft cab, soft reset, hard reset, in many different orders & still no fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond