PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/)
-   -   unlocked and changed rom, now picture mail is gone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/93695-unlocked-changed-rom-now-picture-mail-gone.html)

Deviyl 10-31-2009 04:37 AM

unlocked and changed rom, now picture mail is gone

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I recently unlocked my HTC Diamond with the guide on this site. When it unlocked, I flashed the MightyRom 6.5 onto it.

I had an issue with my internal storage vanishing, but a quick search helped me get that back in working condition.

But now I've noticed my picture mail is gone. Before I did any of this, I could send and receive picture messages though whatever service it is that handles picture mail.

Now the only was I have found is by setting up an email account and sending from there.

I tried installing the arcsoft software found here. It added an option to send via "SMS/MMS" but when I tried sending some test messages, they never worked. So while the option appears to have come back with installing this-- the functionality does not appear to be back.

I would much rather be able to send messages via picture mail instead of email so any help on how I might be able to resolve this issue would be fantastic.

Thanks a lot.

smiznith 10-31-2009 10:21 AM

Re: unlocked and changed rom, now picture mail is gone

arcsoft lets you send via mms. it should work, try reflashing the rom. non of the custom roms use sprint picture mail, they all use arcsoft mms.

OMJ 10-31-2009 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You just need to install PictureMail, see attached cab

Deviyl 10-31-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiznith (Post 1282348)
arcsoft lets you send via mms. it should work, try reflashing the rom. non of the custom roms use sprint picture mail, they all use arcsoft mms.

Good to know, but even after reflashing the ROM it still doesn't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins (Post 1282387)
You just need to install PictureMail, see attached cab

The cab provided won't even install. When ran it simply says unsuccessful.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Note that my sprint picture mail account is still active. The messages I had friends send me to test all appear on the sprint picture mail website. I just need to get it to work (send/receive) on my phone like it always used to.

smiznith 10-31-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviyl (Post 1283461)
Good to know, but even after reflashing the ROM it still doesn't work.

The cab provided won't even install. When ran it simply says unsuccessful.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Note that my sprint picture mail account is still active. The messages I had friends send me to test all appear on the sprint picture mail website. I just need to get it to work (send/receive) on my phone like it always used to.

very odd. I am running my own rom, without sprint picturemail and using arcsoft mms. receiving them just fine, and sending them as well just fine. not sure what you may have done. your account will be active, that has nothing to do with the rom you selected. mightyrom might have a problem. try a different rom. heck try mine here. it works for me...

Carla 11-01-2009 11:49 AM

I would recommend ArcSoft. Works wonders on a Sprint Diamond.

Deviyl 11-01-2009 09:53 PM

Ok I got arcsoft installed and it looks like it should work. I've sent out a bunch of pictures to friends with notes to reply if they get it. Haven't received a reply yet.

Also, once I send a picture with ArcSoft, my messaging becomes completely inaccessible. Any time I try to go to my messages (by any means of access), the little busy icon pops up for a while like it's going to open the messages, then goes away leaving me at the same place I was before I clicked anything. Kind of annoying-- especially from an app that doesn't appear to work for me.

Any other thoughts on fixing the issue as Arcsoft does not appear to be helping me?

Carla 11-01-2009 10:41 PM

Try another ROM, maybe one with Arcsoft cooked in, and see how it works. Make sure it isn't an issue with just this ROM your flashing.

smiznith 11-02-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1288612)
Try another ROM, maybe one with Arcsoft cooked in, and see how it works. Make sure it isn't an issue with just this ROM your flashing.

follow carla's advise, flash a rom that has it cooked in, dont manually install it... too much of a headache

b4u2 11-03-2009 07:51 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I have this same problem on Demolition ROM which is now discontinued. I can't get other people that use that ROM to let me know if they have problems. I have tried Sprint cab, arcsoft cab, soft reset, hard reset, in many different orders & still no fix.