PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What CDMA Carrier Has tbe best Touch Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEaver_2 View Post
So it is is best just to get the sprint off ebay and activate it over verizion?
Good luck getting reps to activate it. Why not just get the Imagio?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

TizOnly1 is just getting started

I have a VZW Diamond. I think the Sprint and VZW Diamonds each have their own ups and downs.

MicroSD slot is huge for me, and RAM has never really been an issue for as long as I've had the phone, but storage memory is a huge issue when you start trying to customize your phone, and the (present) lack of an unlocker really kills there.

Sprint version gives you access to custom ROMs, at the expense of the MicroSD slot, and the faceted Diamond back, which I prefer.

There are rumblings that a VZW Diamond unlocker is on the way. If that does come out, I'd say the VZW Diamond would be the best one, hands down, but until then... it's kinda up in the air.

I am a little curious why you wouldn't just go with an Imagio at this point, myself. Unless you can get a Diamond really cheap, and don't wanna use your upgrade until something better comes out? I don't know...

But yeah... you'd have a hell of a time activating a Sprint Diamond on VZW at this point anyway...
Old 11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't see why you would want a Diamond now with the HD2 or other phones on the way.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

What are you putting on your phone that you need more then 4GB?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
What are you putting on your phone that you need more then 4GB?
My music library is so big it would take like six or seven Diamonds to fill it. I use a 30GB Zune.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
My music library is so big it would take like six or seven Diamonds to fill it. I use a 30GB Zune.
Exactly!! You use a separate media player....Most people that are that interested in music and want to listen to it, have a separate player. I am not a crazy music person and I have a freakin iPod Touch lol....So 4GB was WAY more then I ever needed, and I usually had two or 3 movies and tons of stuff installed.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.

Maybe once I get my next phone it will have the SD slot and I will just get a 16GB card or two.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
I have a VZW Diamond. I think the Sprint and VZW Diamonds each have their own ups and downs.

MicroSD slot is huge for me, and RAM has never really been an issue for as long as I've had the phone, but storage memory is a huge issue when you start trying to customize your phone, and the (present) lack of an unlocker really kills there.

Sprint version gives you access to custom ROMs, at the expense of the MicroSD slot, and the faceted Diamond back, which I prefer.

There are rumblings that a VZW Diamond unlocker is on the way. If that does come out, I'd say the VZW Diamond would be the best one, hands down, but until then... it's kinda up in the air.

I am a little curious why you wouldn't just go with an Imagio at this point, myself. Unless you can get a Diamond really cheap, and don't wanna use your upgrade until something better comes out? I don't know...

But yeah... you'd have a hell of a time activating a Sprint Diamond on VZW at this point anyway...
I was at a Verizon store the other night asking about moving my Sprint Diamond over to Verizon. They said NOWAY! Droid is available Friday.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bEaver_2 is a n00b

Hey guys, just to clear things up, I wanted to get the Diamond instead of the Imagio or TP2 because I am waiting for the HD2. I got a Sprint Diamond off craigslist for $150 and activated it at the sprint store so I could save my 2 year discount for HD2

I like my touch diamond a lot, though the d-pad seems kind of useless.
I love manilla 2.5, great rom and very stable.
I went with Sprint btw not verizion. In my area there 3g coverage is the same pretty much.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEaver_2 View Post
But the verizion has an microsd slot so it supports 16GB of storage where as the sprint supports only 4GBs.
+1, verizons version has expandable memory where as sprint's diamond is capped at 4GB of internal memory.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond