PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

llmask is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who ditched their Diamond for another?

I am having the itch to replace my Diamond.
But it seem as they do not have any "better" phones.
My plan (Sprint SERO) doesn't allow me to obtain neither Pre nor Hero.
The only option is TP2.

How is TP2 compared to Diamond?

Also, I've been hoping and waiting for HD2 to come out for Sprint. If it does, then that will definitely replace my Diamond.

EDIT: Just your feelings and reactions and first impressions. I like this, I dont like that. etc.

Last edited by llmask; 10-29-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Who ditched their Diamond for another?

I'm just dying for a new phone.....I passed on the TP2, waiting to see what tricks (if any) Sprint has up its sleeve.......hoping it's something big

Last edited by OMJ; 10-29-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

ydoucare is just getting started

I would drop my Diamond for a Hero in a hearbeat if they would allow it on SERO.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Waiting for the HD2 here! Not changing my plan for a phone, and I'm NOT on SERO. Just the $39.99 plan with $15 data add on(after 21% company discount that's $43/month.) Running Bonzai Rom on my Diamond for now, it's my favorite Rom so far!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the Diamond, and the compactness is very important to me. I don't need a keyboard either.
Fits into my front pocket very nicely, and I don't wear very baggy pants.
I am on a Free & Clear plan with 2 lines, that I pay $100 per month for. And I ain't switch'n plans for a frigg'n phone either!
The HD2 looks really nice, but I think it is the size of an iPhone, which would probably be too big for me. I will have to wait to see it, if it comes to Sprint.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I love the Diamond, but I too am itching for a new WM phone, (I already have a Pre and an iPhone). I'm really hoping Sprint gets the HD2 sometime early next year.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

llmask is just getting started

LOL! I see a couple of you are in the same boat as I am.

Here's my backup plan. Get rid of SERO and sign up for the Employee Referral Family plan. Here's the catch, I need 4 other "family" [financially trusted] members. My GF already has a SERO - she would be the +1. Im planning to include my mom, and her mom. LOL. so thats 110 (price of 2 lines) +30 (15 ea addtl member) =140/4=35+tax = which is almost like SERO.

But the real goal is to have 5 lines in the plan 110 + 45 = 155/5 = 31+tax = which is exactly like SERO - price wise.

BUT - that will never happen... right now.

Maybe next year when I'm really sick and tired of my Diamond.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got my spare Diamond and 8 batteries in total.
Just in case my Diamond goes South, and TEP has no more left to relace it with.
I have read that Sprint has been replacing Diamonds with Touches in some instances.
You gotta be kidding me. Don't tell me that there are not enough Refurbed Diamonds to go around.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond