PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Nabeshein is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Add another to the list! I've got an Alltel phone, and the GPS started crashing on MellowROM and the beta of DemolitionROM. Worked in IcedOWT, and works in the last stable release of Demolition. I'm thinking that it has to be a satellite (or network, could be A-GPS) that may be pushing some incorrect code on pings, and certain releases of WM 6.5 (or even certain radios) may have a bug in the code for handling GPS that's forcing some sort of memory error. Most of my "effing weird" experience may be with TV's, but I see things like this happen a LOT, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Do we have any inner workings gurus out there that may be able to test/log this theory? If not, we may have to wait for a more permanent hotfix to be good to go. I know my theory is just that, a theory, but weirder things have happened.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926

TPs having problems too.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio

o2l8 is a n00b

couldnt get to the reset page ##786# but updated ROM to Alltels Version from the HTC site and GPS is working. Could it be related to the Radio version? Im'm on Alltel 1.12.20F
Now that I'm back to the stock ROM I am going to figure out the MMS issue!
Starting a thread for mms alltel for any ROM.

Last edited by o2l8; 10-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2l8 View Post
couldnt get to the reset page ##786# but updated ROM to Alltels Version from the HTC site and GPS is working. Could it be related to the Radio version? Im'm on Alltel 1.12.20F
Now that I'm back to the stock ROM I am going to figure out the MMS issue!
Starting a thread for mms alltel for any ROM.
Have you tried the arcsoft Alltel MMS cabs to fix the MMS issue? I use version 5.0.69.44, and it has worked with any generic carrier ROM I've used. If it's carrier-specific, such as a Sprint ROM, I haven't had as much luck, but that's usually cuz data's messed up in the first place. There are plenty of threads out there that might have some good info for you like this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1136974
Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

MMS should just work if you are back on the stock Alltel ROM. Otherwise just download Arcsoft and set up the server according to the various instructions around the web/PPCGeeks.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Flash back to Sprint shipped did not resolve this for me ... Google Maps locked 5 satellites the first time around after fresh boot, exited and went to Sprint Nav (weak signal) and then back into Google Maps (now it can't find any satellites at all). And QuickGPS just locked me up. GRR!

Last edited by stormygal_indy; 10-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm flash back to shipped and hard reset. Also clear out miscellaneous folders in your Internal Storage and see if that helps.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Liamfm is a n00b

Add me to the list. I have a sprint TP, almost completely stock (I've done some tweaks to TF3D and a few cabs, but it's the stock ROM.

Just noticed it today, but it seems like that's the case with everyone on this thread, last 48 hours only....
Old 10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just curious ... of those of us having problems, how many have done the GPS Configuration from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639

I have not yet and am just curious if it makes any difference one way or another.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:31 PM
N00b

I haven't, but I wouldn't doubt that a lot of those settings are cooked in the ROMS I use, as my GPS is nice and fast usually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond