PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93131)

antnate 10-28-2009 03:13 PM

Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Hey KD, looks like you and I are both seeing exactly the same thing.

I am using SSKs rom, was previously using his 2.7.5 rom running 6.5, no problems. went to new ROM 3.0 final, using winmo 6.5.1, problems started happening.

now, even after flashing back to sprint stock 6.1, gps problem exists regardless of flash image!!

crazy..

will keep looking out here, just wish someone smarter than me can duplicate this problem on their phone to see what is happening...

thanks,
ant.

antnate 10-28-2009 03:22 PM

I updated to SSK rom 3.0 that was running 6.5.1 image 23071, went and flashed back to stock. then installed image running 6.5 23017.

now running ssk 2.7.5 image 23017.

maybe it was going to 23071 that muffed it up?

not sure, have to leave now,
thanks,
ant.

kdmiller 10-28-2009 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news!!! Got it working again. I am not sure if this file is what did it but everything seemed to be working fine now. All I did was load the original stock rom and installed this file which I found on the HTC website. After that everything seems to working as usual. I then got brave and flashed to NRG's latest, reinstalled TomTom and it still works.....who knows if this is what fixed it but hey, its worth a shot.

Good luck!

drdrewdown 10-28-2009 04:17 PM

this has been happening to me on multiple roms including different builds of wm6.5. it did it this morning. soo

i fought & fought to get GPS working via conventional methods of using quick gps & toggling different options for GPS in settings menu. the thing that brought it back to life was when i flashed a NEW RADIO on my phone. did this about 6 hours ago & dont have any problems yet.

just remember each time u flash the "STOCK ROM" again it will overwrite your radio back to default that is included in the rom ver.

i do have a touch pro but this should work for you as well.

Cheers!

Fixup 10-28-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdmiller (Post 1272663)
Good news!!! Got it working again.

That fixed the problem, thanks much!

Now, quickGps no longer work.

MrObvious 10-28-2009 11:58 PM

I was having a similar problem earlier today so I reloaded shipped, hard reset that, then tried my GPS program and on a hunch since it worked without rebooting flashed back to MightyROM4 and it works now. :D

Fixup 10-29-2009 01:49 AM

In order to get quickGps back to work, I did a hard reset. After that, the gps problem came back and no way to fix it. I flashed to the latest Alltel ROM, so far so good.

messageliu 10-29-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdmiller (Post 1272663)
Good news!!! Got it working again. I am not sure if this file is what did it but everything seemed to be working fine now. All I did was load the original stock rom and installed this file which I found on the HTC website. After that everything seems to working as usual. I then got brave and flashed to NRG's latest, reinstalled TomTom and it still works.....who knows if this is what fixed it but hey, its worth a shot.

Good luck!

I used this, but it still doesn't work.

I can find my gps port at com4 and 4800, but after 20 seconds. No devices again. I have been using this diamonds for 3 months.

Fixup 10-29-2009 03:02 AM

Seems there is a timer-bomb somewhere. My GPS had been working no problem at all until yesterday or so. The above hotfix even worked this morning but no longer this evening after a hard reset. So far the latest Alltel ROM works very well, much better than the Sprint ROM I had been using - much lighter weight and snappier.

stormygal_indy 10-29-2009 05:09 AM

Add another one to the list. My Diamond just started doing the GPS reboot today. I thought I mucked something up trying to get Garmin Mobile XT to run, but maybe I'm not necessarily the cause. GPSWeather Radar is what I've been using to test GPS signal and it reboots the phone repeatedly even after applying the HTC Hotfix from this thread.