PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Google Voice Problem

I'm a google voice user. I tried to go to the mobile web page, but it says device not supported. Any ideas? Using Sprint Diamond, tried on both stx and gadget rom, tried switching user agent to fiefox and ie in opera mobile. No dice on pocket ie either.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Google Voice Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I'm a google voice user. I tried to go to the mobile web page, but it says device not supported. Any ideas? Using Sprint Diamond, tried on both stx and gadget rom, tried switching user agent to fiefox and ie in opera mobile. No dice on pocket ie either.
Hmm. I just tried it on my Diamond with Gadget Rom. I was able to access my account with Opera mini and Opera Mobile. I just type in google voice in google search and click the first link, then sign in.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Hmm. I just tried it on my Diamond with Gadget Rom. I was able to access my account with Opera mini and Opera Mobile. I just type in google voice in google search and click the first link, then sign in.
was it the mobile or full version?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

Nothing? Anybody?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

KCS2K is a n00b

Try this, worked for me.

Opera:Config in Opera, looks like you are familiar with this. Under "user prefs / custom user agent". Just copy / paste this string:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543 Safari/419.3

Then type in the voice.google.com address and boom. Worked for me on my Touch Pro running Mighty Rom 6 final.

The above custom user agent makes your phone look like the iPhone/Safari, kind of handy for other enhanced mobile sites. From my experience however not all of them work perfect due to resolution differences and a few other kinks here and there so continue use however you choose.

Hope this works best of luck.

Last edited by KCS2K; 10-29-2009 at 02:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond