PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   BCG's Guide to modifying Manila Files(Graphics ONLY) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92956)

blantoncg 10-27-2009 04:32 PM

BCG's Guide to modifying Manila Files(Graphics ONLY)

1 Attachment(s)
I've Spent a long time trying to find a way to easily modify the graphics of TF3D, and I finally found a great way to do it, so just in case anybody else wants to know I thought I would share my method... Here it is:

1.) Download the attachment called CFC_GUI.zip at the bottom (this is a manila graphic editor basically)

2.) Extract the EXE file into a new folder (the folder name is irrelevant)

3.) Make sure your device is connected to your computer via activesync

4.) Run the EXE and click Device (top left), then click import from device(this will import all the manila graphics on your device to the program

5.) Find any file that you would like to modify, select it, then click "save as" (bottom right) then keep the name or change it, it doesn't matter

6.) Modify the file with any program (such as: Corel Paint Shop(my fav), gimp, Microsoft Paint, etc...)

7.) Select the graphic in the manila graphic editor(cfc_gui.exe)

8.) Click "Replace With", and select your modified graphic

9.) Click "To Device"
__________________________________________________ ______________

If this information was useful please click the "THANKS" button :)
Feel free to post any questions.

KBZL 10-27-2009 04:42 PM

Re: BCG's Guide to modifying Manila Files(Graphics ONLY)

Ill have to give a try. I just suck with graphics. lol

JQuill 10-27-2009 04:50 PM

Good to see a new guy making a really good post. As far as I know nobody has posted a quick how-to guide for visually editing manila files. Good eye...

blantoncg 10-28-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JQuill (Post 1269972)
Good to see a new guy making a really good post. As far as I know nobody has posted a quick how-to guide for visually editing manila files. Good eye...

Thanks, I love feedback. This is one of my first PPCGeek threads, I usually post at XDA.

CA3SAR 12-21-2009 07:23 PM

what if i have a cab file that someone created, How would i remove all there slider icons? (big & small)

Beutelbär 12-22-2009 04:20 PM

Thanks a lot for this great tool.

One question: Is it possible to create a cab or a file for someone else? I mean, if I made some icons and I want to share them. How can I do this beside using your tools. Can I make a cab?

Thanks
BB

Fidalgos 06-28-2010 07:24 PM

I have my HD2 connected via ASync and I run the exe (with admin permission) but I don't see on top left any device (only computer, etc)...

I found the way and now all ok, thanks for this share!