PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sudden Power Drain on my Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzion View Post
I have a Diamond and I have run different ROMs and Different programs. I almost never have battery life. I have to be near an electrical outlet whenever possible and ESPECIALLY when I actually talk on the phone...

I have read that the new ROMs in MediumHill posts have great battery life and he is cooking ROMs with over 100mb. Maybe there is a direct correlation between used memory and life of the battery in stand by.

Also when I use WiFi router, AL com manager or even PDANet I take the back off of my phone and lay it on a piece of Aluminum as a makeshift heat sync.

Seams to help some.
I usually get nice Stand by and talk time. But once in awile I have noticed a power drain of unknown origin.
I have to keep track of the issue so I can get the specifics. I always carry a spare battery anyway.
My Diamond has a lot going on regarding programs, so I obviously don't get as good a battery life as I would with a dumb phone. But you're not supposed to anyway. My Diamond usually does pretty well though
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-25-2009, 01:19 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My phone gets bad battery life if I use data but just texting it seems fine. Hmm IDK.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, after Intensive Investigation , it appears that the source of my problem was the Battery itself. It was just plain, old tired, which may cause inconsistent battery charge holding times. I changed the Battery and I only lost a couple of percentage points over night. I will continue to observe, as I only put the other battery in the other day. But so far, that appears to be the cause.
I do switch between 2 batteries, but sometimes I don't switch, and I just charge.
The previous battery may have had a lot of cycles.

Last edited by Biker1; 10-27-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sometimes a battery just gets old. I try to charge nightly even if I need it or not. (Usually I do lol)
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Sometimes a battery just gets old. I try to charge nightly even if I need it or not. (Usually I do lol)
I charge nightly, but the battery has a limit to how many charges it can take and how long the battery holds its charge. It decreases with time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond