PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   battery died while loading a rom! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92069)

cagrant 10-23-2009 01:00 AM

battery died while loading a rom!

Ok, first ill start with what i know about this phone. I got it from a friend this way so any info i have on how it got this way is hearsay. but he said he was loading a rom and the battery died.(bonehead) ok what i do know is i can put it in bootloader, trigered bootloader, hard reset. when it goes in to trigered bootloader it ask if i want to reload a rom , i did . when starting normally goes to third bootloader and reads calkins kitchen thats where it stops.now while in bootloader it reads spl-0.057 cmonex along with other stuff, and along the top security unlocked . along the bottom reads serial, unfortunately when i plug in the usb nothing changes. but like i mentioned , i got ithis phone this way, so the drivers never got loaded from the phone to my comp. any way what can i do to get this thing to start normally?

rizzomach 10-23-2009 01:27 AM

Re: battery died while loading a rom!

flash back to stock

cagrant 10-23-2009 01:40 AM

i did same results.
edit: i flashed back from what was on the internal storage

rizzomach 10-23-2009 01:48 AM

take battery out and hold down the power button for 35 secs ....make sure it is upluged

rizzomach 10-23-2009 01:49 AM

that might help

Jayzion 10-23-2009 02:08 AM

Your comp is never going to recognize the phone if the drives have not been loaded. You will most likely have to use your friends comp... go to the bootloader screen, plug it in, when it goes to usb... try right for the stock rom. let me know how that works.

cagrant 10-23-2009 11:25 AM

going back to the friend is not really an option ,he had somone else do the flashing.

Jayzion 10-23-2009 02:25 PM

The phone is never going to sync with your comp until you get a working ROM on it.

MrObvious 10-23-2009 06:04 PM

IF the battery is dead then it should charge with the power off then just put it in bootloader and reload the shipped ROM.

cagrant 10-23-2009 07:01 PM

the battery is charged, and i can put it in bootloader , the prob. is with the phone this way it wont load the drivers my comp needs to identify the phone. i was trying to see if i could extract them out of a diamond core, kitchen file. but tryin to figure witch drivers are for the purpose i need is a shot in the dark. if someone here can copy from there device mnger , on there comp and put them here would be fantastic. but i wont hold my breathe.