PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 12:45 AM
cagrant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: battery died while loading a rom!

bump, bump, (just cause)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:04 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Have you tried flashing via SD Card?

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Have you tried installing ActiveSync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista)? This will install the drivers needed for usb syncing.

Once that is installed, put the phone in triggered bootloader mode and skip flashing the rom in Internal Storage. Hookup the USB to the phone and computer. Your computer should attempt to install a driver called 'Microsoft USB Sync' or 'HTC USB Sync'. Once that is successful the phone will switch from 'Seiral' to 'USB'. Download your respective carrier's latest ROM and attempt to flash!

Good Luck, hope this helps!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
cagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Have you tried flashing via SD Card?

dwizzy130
diamond does not have a sd card. at least sprint diamonds dont. that would solve alot of my problems if it did have one. thank you any way.

well i think my problem is a bad usb port it will charge but nothing else. i noticed poking around here and other places the phone it self should recognize it has a usb connected to it ( in bootloader) regardless of weather the drivers were loaded to the comp. or not. also noticed this is a common problem among diamonds. kinda crappie but fixable. so will get all this fixed and report back on my condition. thanks to all who replied.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagrant View Post
diamond does not have a sd card. at least sprint diamonds dont. that would solve alot of my problems if it did have one. thank you any way.

well i think my problem is a bad usb port it will charge but nothing else. i noticed poking around here and other places the phone it self should recognize it has a usb connected to it ( in bootloader) regardless of weather the drivers were loaded to the comp. or not. also noticed this is a common problem among diamonds. kinda crappie but fixable. so will get all this fixed and report back on my condition. thanks to all who replied.

Oh crap! I totally forgot! That really sucks and I wish I had another solution for ya but I'm out of them.
Hope you can get it working,

dwizzy130
Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Have you tried a different USB cable? Just a shot in the dark, I thought I had a USB port problem but the cable just wouldn't connect, I could still charge off the cable though. That's why it was so hard to determine.

ROM: DarkRoot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try using this driver http://www.4shared.com/file/10189370...TCdrivers.html
install on your XP comp then hook the usb to computer then phone in bootloader. You should see USB at the bottom now you should be able to install any RUU. I would suggest your carriers shipped ROM to start.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
cagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Try using this driver http://www.4shared.com/file/10189370...TCdrivers.html
install on your XP comp then hook the usb to computer then phone in bootloader. You should see USB at the bottom now you should be able to install any RUU. I would suggest your carriers shipped ROM to start.
i have this driver already and no luck, i still think its the port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
Have you tried a different USB cable? Just a shot in the dark, I thought I had a USB port problem but the cable just wouldn't connect, I could still charge off the cable though. That's why it was so hard to determine.
i have tried different cables to no a vale , i tried the cables on the diamond then on my mogul , they work on the mogul, all of them, nothing works on the diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond