PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What will Sprint offer me?

Now on my third refurbished diamond in a week and a half, this one is acting up now. My wife had called retentions and politely asked for a new in box, but was offered another refurb because the diamond is now EOL. She then asked if they could do something other then another refurb because honestly im pretty tired of going to the store every other day for a replacement. The rep came back with 2 options

1) Only being 8 months into contract i can cancel my line for FREE and open a new one to get a phone at a discounted or new customer rate.

2) I can go to the sprint store (tommorow) and give them a special code/word, and they will then give me a different model phone. The rep was not sure what they would offer and if it would be refurbished or not, but it will be a different model.

It seems the store will have say in what i get and ill proboubly have to argue with them to get something decent. Of course choice number one will be a tp2, but i doubt it...theyll probouly laugh at me. But the main question here is WHAT DO YOU THINK SPRINT WILL OFFER ME FOR A REPLACEMENT?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What will Sprint offer me?

I'm going with Touch Pro..Do I win a prize if I'm right? lol

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No only if i get a touch pro2....lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Tour, Treo Pro, or Snap.

Thats what they are trying to give away these days. If you are lucky you might be able to convince them that the Hero is comparable to the Diamond as it is a similar form factor (Candy bar, touch screen, no physical KB)
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea thats a very good point in comparing the diamond to a hero
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

what problems is your phone giving you?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Let me know how you make out. My Diamond has been acting up and I really don't want another one. I don't like palm, and need winmo pro. I would take either hero or tp2. I think anything less in sprints lineup would be a downgrade. I think the insurance states it will give you a model equal or greater value. The other models listed about are no where close to equal of the diamond.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

TP2 is about all that is comparable since it has the same amount of RAM and CPU as the Diamond, just SD and keyboard and WVGA.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I'm in the same boat, let us know what they offer you!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update........

The special code the retentions rep gave my wife was a joke. When we got there the reps had no clue what we were talking about, lol. I think they just told my wife that so she would go to the store. We gave the phone to the tech and came back an hour later. I told them i was using 2 batterys per day with very light use, and some of my text messages sent out would take hours to reach other people. They said they could not duplicate the problems, however they did believe the phone was acting up and i was telling the truth. They asked since this was my third refurb in a week if i wanted a different model, of course i said yes. The tp2, hero, and pre are to new of devises to exchange and are not allowed. Also he stated the tp2 is out of stock and will be for some time, and even went on to say the phone may not even be sold in stores. To make a long story short after some arguing and complaints to the manager my choices were the treo pro, htc snap, or bb tour. Whatever i chose i was told would be a refurb. I requested the tour. Luckily they had no refurbs in stock, i walked out with a tour NIB.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond