PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   What will Sprint offer me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91796)

ludacy1 10-21-2009 08:42 PM

What will Sprint offer me?

Now on my third refurbished diamond in a week and a half, this one is acting up now. My wife had called retentions and politely asked for a new in box, but was offered another refurb because the diamond is now EOL. She then asked if they could do something other then another refurb because honestly im pretty tired of going to the store every other day for a replacement. The rep came back with 2 options

1) Only being 8 months into contract i can cancel my line for FREE and open a new one to get a phone at a discounted or new customer rate.

2) I can go to the sprint store (tommorow) and give them a special code/word, and they will then give me a different model phone. The rep was not sure what they would offer and if it would be refurbished or not, but it will be a different model.

It seems the store will have say in what i get and ill proboubly have to argue with them to get something decent. Of course choice number one will be a tp2, but i doubt it...theyll probouly laugh at me. But the main question here is WHAT DO YOU THINK SPRINT WILL OFFER ME FOR A REPLACEMENT?

mulhiny 10-21-2009 08:56 PM

Re: What will Sprint offer me?

I'm going with Touch Pro..Do I win a prize if I'm right? lol

ludacy1 10-21-2009 09:01 PM

No only if i get a touch pro2....lol

SporkLover 10-21-2009 09:33 PM

Tour, Treo Pro, or Snap.

Thats what they are trying to give away these days. If you are lucky you might be able to convince them that the Hero is comparable to the Diamond as it is a similar form factor (Candy bar, touch screen, no physical KB)

ludacy1 10-21-2009 09:55 PM

yea thats a very good point in comparing the diamond to a hero

toenail 10-22-2009 01:51 AM

what problems is your phone giving you?

billyapd21 10-22-2009 10:43 AM

Let me know how you make out. My Diamond has been acting up and I really don't want another one. I don't like palm, and need winmo pro. I would take either hero or tp2. I think anything less in sprints lineup would be a downgrade. I think the insurance states it will give you a model equal or greater value. The other models listed about are no where close to equal of the diamond.

MrObvious 10-22-2009 10:47 AM

TP2 is about all that is comparable since it has the same amount of RAM and CPU as the Diamond, just SD and keyboard and WVGA.

alex jb 10-22-2009 11:07 AM

I'm in the same boat, let us know what they offer you!

ludacy1 10-22-2009 06:15 PM

Update........

The special code the retentions rep gave my wife was a joke. When we got there the reps had no clue what we were talking about, lol. I think they just told my wife that so she would go to the store. We gave the phone to the tech and came back an hour later. I told them i was using 2 batterys per day with very light use, and some of my text messages sent out would take hours to reach other people. They said they could not duplicate the problems, however they did believe the phone was acting up and i was telling the truth. They asked since this was my third refurb in a week if i wanted a different model, of course i said yes. The tp2, hero, and pre are to new of devises to exchange and are not allowed. Also he stated the tp2 is out of stock and will be for some time, and even went on to say the phone may not even be sold in stores. To make a long story short after some arguing and complaints to the manager my choices were the treo pro, htc snap, or bb tour. Whatever i chose i was told would be a refurb. I requested the tour. Luckily they had no refurbs in stock, i walked out with a tour NIB.