PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   help! anyone dismantle the HTC diamond us version (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91738)

xraytech8704 10-21-2009 03:54 PM

help! anyone dismantle the HTC diamond us version

2 Attachment(s)
hi, i need a little help. i just open up my htd diamond sprint. to put back the magnet that the stylus get hooked on. but the problem is i got everything done but when replace the cover on the back before the screws. there is a wire that runs right along the side next to the vibration ball. does it go right next to it or in the edge. well i am afraid it might rub against it and burn up the wire. any suggestion or pics.

thanks
rick

JQuill 10-21-2009 04:45 PM

Re: help! anyone dismantle the HTC diamond us version

Just giving you a heads up man, but there is almost NO documentation available online on how to dis/re-assemble the CDMA Diamond. I've had to replace my LCD screen / digitizer and had to do it flying by the seat of my pants. I'm not sure about you're issue but your BEST bet is to PM an experienced member of the board, you'll be waiting here forever if you just wait for people to reply on this deep of an issue.

xraytech8704 10-21-2009 05:04 PM

hi thanks but do you recommend anyone here?

thanks
rick

JQuill 10-22-2009 09:13 AM

I would try xda-developers as they go a little deeper into phones than PPCGeeks, or look around some of the different sections of the board and see who's online.

ctiger 10-22-2009 05:10 PM

You should take a picture for the question. I opened one, but I didn't take picture of it. Or the so call vibration ball is just a motor with a half circle disk, when the motor turns, because the half disk has a mass point not at the center, causing vib, so as long as the wire won't get caught by the disk, it should be just ok.

xraytech8704 10-23-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctiger (Post 1255315)
You should take a picture for the question. I opened one, but I didn't take picture of it. Or the so call vibration ball is just a motor with a half circle disk, when the motor turns, because the half disk has a mass point not at the center, causing vib, so as long as the wire won't get caught by the disk, it should be just ok.

hi your on the right trak, yes half cirle ball. but there is a wire that lies right next to it. when i open it up. i for got to take a glance where everthing suppose to be. the wire is about a 2mm away from the ball. it that ok. or i should move it the the edge.

thanks
rick