PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700,6800
Carrier: VZW

sallyhoe2001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon - Radios/ROMs - Issues/Fixes/Troubleshooting

I started this thread as there seems to be a lack of information regarding VZW specific problems/issues.

For the past week I have been working the bugs out of my Alltel Diamond powered by VZW. So far I have had limited success but I was able to successfully receive/make calls and get data working.

However I have not been able to get any connectivity to the verizon network when using any of the current radios that are available here.

What I currently have working::

Provider-----Verizon
Phone-------Alltel HTC Diamond - DIA500
Rom---------MightyRom WM6.5
HardSPL-----0.57.CMONEX
Radio--------1.08.99u
Security-----Unlocked

The above configuration is a working solution, however the signal quality is to-be-desired...

If I use any other radio listed here; I get no signal on my phone, and I have tried every radio that is currently listed.

Anyone know why this would be the case? Or have any simlar issues?

Meanwhile I would love to get my hands on a Verizon Diamond so I could inspect the customizations to ensure that I'm not missing something here...

Anyone else having similar issues? Thoughts/suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by sallyhoe2001; 10-21-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Verizon - Radios/ROMs - Issues/Fixes/Troubleshooting

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

Try this thread. Look at the verzion radios there and download them. Sometimes, also, flashing back to stock helps reset the phones system, and uploading the new rom and radio might work better.

CDMA Diamond Radios

I am using an alltel diamond as well, but it is "powered" by the verizon network...meaning that all my stuff is now with verizon instead of alltel i guess. I just stick with the latest alltel radio, i get awesome signal. Also, it depends on the location where your at.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I haven't been having problems here in Hutch with signal at all beyond normal. Maybe flash shipped ROM again then flash to the Telus 1.04 radio.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sallyhoe2001 is a n00b

Intresting, thanks for the info guys. Flashing stock Alltel rom is the only thing I have yet to try, I guess I'll give that a go and see where it takes me.

I've literally flashed every radio listed at the above link and with every radio at the above link I have no signal at all.

So I shall continue to experiment here... keep you updated....
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Shipped not stock.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: alltel

runkittyrun is a n00b

hmm, you say verizon power'd but that could mean different things, i'm assuming you mean your on alltel plan with verizon bill, if thats the case then your connecting to the alltel data systems, alltel and verizon authenticat data differently, far no signal with any other radios could be that radio has prl flaw thats letting talk to different tower or your antenna could be damaged in the phone or your settings could just be really off

what prl is on your phone?
is your phone set to home only?
what is your idea of "signal quality is to-be-desired"
Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sallyhoe2001 is a n00b

I see how that could be confusing since the Alltel/Verizon merger... but no I am on a pure Verizon plan - Unlimited Roaming/Minutes/Data...

Using an Alltel Diamond and a bit of *Magic* to allow it to be used on the Verizon network...

PRL Version - 51611
Phone is set to roam freely

Update on my status...

Flashed Shipped Alltel Rom...
Tried all radios listed here... No Change

Flashed Alltel Rom Update from HTC's Support Area...
Again tried all listed radios... No Change

Only radio that I can get a signal with is 1.08.99u

FYI - I'm located in Las Vegas, NV and have had no signal problems in the past with other phones, including a HTC Touch, and Touch Pro... those devices in my area have full signal strength, Diamond with above radio I get 1 bar...

Someone on another forum recommended trying a different HardSPL not sure it will make any difference, has anyone tried the OliNex HardSPL on xda?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400950

Currently I'm using cmonex's 0.57...

Running out of ideas here, for now I did some digging around my parts bin and managed to find a sticky Cell Antena booster which at the moment has boosted my signal to almost full strength so I atleast have found a patch for now... just seems odd to me that when using any other radio's I get no connection at all...

Last edited by sallyhoe2001; 10-22-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I see you have a PPC.

At least you get a signal with the 1.08 radio. I think maybe because of the Alltel buyout they are working on the towers in every area and some people lose signals for a while until it's complete. You could call tech support and ask about if they are working on towers in your area or not. I would get another phone to see if it's just you or everyone having signal problems first.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: vzw

incognito53 is just getting started

I really don't suggest you HardSPL your phone with Olinex's version, as that could cause REALLY bad signal (READ: brick your phone). His version is for GSM devices, i.e. ATT, Tmo, etc. Alltel, Verizon, Sprint, cricket, are all CDMA. All the SPL does is flash the phone's bootloader to allow you to flash custom, non-carrier signed ROMs and radios.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond