PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Verizon - Radios/ROMs - Issues/Fixes/Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91678)

sallyhoe2001 10-24-2009 11:12 AM

Re: Verizon - Radios/ROMs - Issues/Fixes/Troubleshooting

Thanks for the reply incognito53

I was kinda thinking that, I was farily sure a GSM bootloader wouldn't be kind to my CDMA fon... :)

Turns out I finally solved the problem...

Somehow in the migration process my Home SID got wiped out so my phone wasn't communicating with any towers... apparently the 1.08 radio has a SID/NID hardcoded or similar

Can't beleive I missed that... but soon as I added it back I was able to get signal with all the listed radios... so far best signal I get is with the Verizon 1.03.03F.

We shall see how battery life is.. thanks for everyones help!

runkittyrun 10-25-2009 01:14 PM

glad to hear its working, i was just reading your prefious post about other phones having full signal about to suggest finding out what the service sid is on the other phones and code that as your sid since that would take effect before prl list is processed, thou with sid of 0 or 1 you technicily should still get signal just see roaming every where unless your sid is blacklisted or not listed at all, personal i might look up the sid to see who's tower your getting full signal from, if your adventurious you could try changing the prl with home sid 0 see if one works better for your area, 51xxx is normal verizon, 400xx alltel data device(55-56 is current and between 31-36 had sprint) and 56xxx is verizon with alltel towers prefured in select areas ( basical i think verizon sid's numbers are lower so they are picked first and have caused issue someplaces so 56xxx elevates select alltel towers in problem areas ) might be waste of time but curious what happens to your signal if you go to an area outside of your home sid

if you dont mind, i am curious what your current home sid is, i kinda want take look at the prl and see how its listed

also you mentioned sticky cell phone boost you added that help before you updated the settings, did you mean one of thou behind the battery ground plate gizmo's or an actual antenna, if you have pic would be nice to see it :)

sallyhoe2001 10-26-2009 01:17 AM

I would think I would have still received a signal myself, however I was missing both the Home SID/NID. So for example my values were:

0/0

instead of...

0/65535

So I'm guessing when the phone tried to parse the prl it must have hit an error therin causing it to have no signal?

My current values now are:

64/65535

64 being the Las Vegas, NV local Home SID

As for the antenna it was a sticky antenna however I put it inside the physical phone case when I took it apart to repair the digitizer.. however I have since removed it after noticing a funny side affect....

When the phone was on my desk it would receive almost full signal, however when I picked it up and placed in my hand my signal would almost completely dissapear... since removing the aftermarket antenna it is now functioning normally...

I'll try and take some pics here in the near future and post em so you can see it...