PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/)
-   -   Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/91649-switched-mightyrom6-mightyrom4.html)

web1b 10-21-2009 12:23 AM

Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
I have a Sprint Diamond and tried MightyRom6 last week. I mostly liked it, but voice command didn't work. I asked about that problem in the forum and got no suggestions for a fix after several days, so I decided to just get rid of MightyRom6 and try MightRom4 instead.
Voice command is working with MR4, but now I can't find the Wifi Sharing app that was in MR6.

Is the wifi sharing app only included in MightyRom6 or is it just in a different screen in MR4?

wmdunn 10-21-2009 01:18 AM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by web1b (Post 1250477)
I have a Sprint Diamond and tried MightyRom6 last week. I mostly liked it, but voice command didn't work. I asked about that problem in the forum and got no suggestions for a fix after several days, so I decided to just get rid of MightyRom6 and try MightRom4 instead.
Voice command is working with MR4, but now I can't find the Wifi Sharing app that was in MR6.

Is the wifi sharing app only included in MightyRom6 or is it just in a different screen in MR4?

I haven't used MR4, but it would be my guess, that since it's been a while ... perhaps the wi-fi sharing app came about after. At any rate, here's a cab that works for me. Give it a try ...

MrObvious 10-21-2009 02:51 AM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
I'm sure you can search for HTC Wifi Sharing and the cab will come up.

OrBy 10-21-2009 10:05 AM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
If you like MR4 you may want to flash Calkulin's Diamond 21055 ROM(v4) from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-diamond-development/44494-discontinued-v4-2-6-5-x-6-5-6-1-calkulins-visual-vga-kitchen-roms.html .
It has all the features of MR4 plus more and is more up to date but I find it just as stable as well. (And WiFi sharing is built in)

web1b 10-21-2009 10:31 PM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrBy (Post 1251107)
If you like MR4 you may want to flash Calkulin's Diamond 21055 ROM(v4) from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494 .
It has all the features of MR4 plus more and is more up to date but I find it just as stable as well. (And WiFi sharing is built in)


Looks like 21055 is no longer available. Is the latest release 23071 stable?

Maybe I'll just try the WiFi sharing cab file in the first answer since everything else seems to work so far in MR4 except it hasn't announced any incoming calls even though I checked off the option to do that.

Even though Voice Command mostly functions for me in MR4, I'm still a bit disappointed because it does't work as well as voice dialing does on my WM6.1 Standard Q9C smartphone. On the Q9C, I just press the call button for a second and it prompts with "Say a command." When you give the command, as long as it was a clearly understood command, it executes without asking for more confirmation. With the Diamond, I have to confirm "Yes" every single time. I also have to press the button for a different and precise amount of time or I get last number redial instead of voice dialing. Very annoying.


I don't really prefer 6.1 to 6.5 for my new Diamond, except that I want everything to work and, besides the completely non-functioning voice dialing, I also noticed very frequent dropping of bluetooth pairing when I loaded MR6.

wmdunn 10-21-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
Not sure what you're waiting on ... I gave you the cab last night. By the way, if you want a very good 6.1 rom that is stable and quick, then give Leylomo's rom a try. I think you'll find it's one of the best.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-diamond-development/76053-wm6-5-21895-sense2-5-2012-gtx-theme-truxt-v8-5-19-10-a.html

web1b 10-22-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
I just tried the cornflipper app and it's working, so I will leave well enough alone for now.
I will try one of the newer ROMs later.

wmdunn 10-22-2009 11:08 PM

Re: Switched from MightyRom6 to MightyRom4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by web1b (Post 1256515)
I just tried the cornflipper app and it's working, so I will leave well enough alone for now.
I will try one of the newer ROMs later.

Way to go, man ... I know it's a little scary, when you first get started. That mobile wi-fi router is one of my most used applications.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0