PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile

Ok, so has anybody else experience when using opera mobile on your diamond and going to ppcgeeks.com that opera just shuts down? It really sucks because i have been having to use IE and go to ppc geeks.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
Ok, so has anybody else experience when using opera mobile on your diamond and going to ppcgeeks.com that opera just shuts down? It really sucks because i have been having to use IE and go to ppc geeks.
A little more information, and we might be able to help. Which version of Opera are you using? Can you access other sites? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have used stock alltel, juicy8 and energy rom all have had that same problem. Currently I am running energy rom with opera version- 9.5 build 15613. BTW i can pull up ppcgeeks with opera 9.7beta. Have installed uninstalled and flashed also have tried using wifi with same result.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
I have used stock alltel, juicy8 and energy rom all have had that same problem. Currently I am running energy rom with opera version- 9.5 build 15613. BTW i can pull up ppcgeeks with opera 9.7beta. Have installed uninstalled and flashed also have tried using wifi with same result.
Hmmm ... sounds like something you have installed isn't playing well with Opera. Of the roms you list, I installed NRG's when it came out last week, and Opera ran just fine, including ppcgeeks. Since then, I'm back to my own rom, so can't test it for you. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but you might use opera mini as a stop gap, until you run the problem down. I've attached a cab to 4.2, which is very quick.
Attached Files
File Type: cab OperaMini-4.2-large.cab (2.90 MB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think that the updates that have went through over the past few days fixed my problem. I just pulled up ppcgeeks without an issue. I know that just 3-4 days ago it would not pull up. Have recently switched to BB for some variety so my diamond doesn't get very much use but when the wife is using the laptop i pull out the diamond for web browsing. I honestly am not sure what was causing the issue but it hasn't been working for a good 2-3 weeks and today its working fine. Guess i should have tried it one last time before posting. but still have no idea why it started happening in the first place.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I think that the updates that have went through over the past few days fixed my problem. I just pulled up ppcgeeks without an issue. I know that just 3-4 days ago it would not pull up. Have recently switched to BB for some variety so my diamond doesn't get very much use but when the wife is using the laptop i pull out the diamond for web browsing. I honestly am not sure what was causing the issue but it hasn't been working for a good 2-3 weeks and today its working fine. Guess i should have tried it one last time before posting. but still have no idea why it started happening in the first place.
Glad you figured it out. PPCGEEKS had lots of server problems over the last few days. Maybe that had something to do with it ...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I'm glad it is all working out for you, I noticed the same issue about 3 days ago during the serving issue's, I normally just go to " Forum.ppcgeek.com " to avoid any issues with some opera's... yeah I flash alot daily.. I feel like such a hypocrite to ROM's ^^ lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond