PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Need help, htc diamond wont active sync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91418)

htc_d 10-19-2009 11:01 PM

Need help, htc diamond wont active sync

Hi there
Sorry I am a new member, I have been following this forum for quite a while, but registered to ask a question 1st time. Tried to search for an answer but didnt find anything, I apologize in advance if I overlooked.
I have htc diamond from sprint, actually 2 of them, I flashed the stock rom on one of them to grove rom 5 and the second one is running on energy rom. I never had any issues syncing my phones before, but like 2 weeks ago all of a sudden, when I connect my phones to my laptop it wont recognize it? I tried uninstalling active sync and then reinstalling it 3 times on 3 different laptops but no luck at all.
I saw a thread on google search about this issue coming up if you charge your phone in your vehicle?! I do charge them in my car, both of them.
I hope someone can help me out
Thanks again
Best regards,

stormygal_indy 10-19-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Need help, htc diamond wont active sync

Have you tried going into Settings|Connections|USB to PC and unchecking the box that says "Enable faster data synchronization"? Worth a shot maybe if you haven't tried it already.

htc_d 10-19-2009 11:31 PM

I did, didnt help :(
thanks for yuor response

stormygal_indy 10-19-2009 11:34 PM

Hmm, maybe a bad USB cable? Do you have others to try?

htc_d 10-19-2009 11:38 PM

tried 3 different usb, they charge the phone when connected to pc, but wont sync

stormygal_indy 10-19-2009 11:49 PM

Ugh, frustrating I'm sure! I turned this up in a Google search too, but it was also in a thread about charging in the car so you might already have seen it:

i disconnect the phone from usb port
turn phone off
go into computer task manager and end the 2 active sync processes
then i restart active sync
then reconnect the phone and turn phone on

Riley 10-19-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1247579)
tried 3 different usb, they charge the phone when connected to pc, but wont sync

Have you tried hard reseting? or flashing back to shipped by entering bootloader? once in bootloader, you will be able to flash back to shipped even if activesync says its not connected. trust me. In bootloader, I always get a message telling me I'm not connected but as long as USB is on the screen, it will allow you to flash the shipped rom. Good luck.

htc_d 10-20-2009 12:00 AM

I did try that yesterday, when I am in bootloader mode, still cant flash to stock. Have no idea whats wrong with my phones.

htc_d 10-20-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1247617)
Have you tried hard reseting? or flashing back to shipped by entering bootloader? once in bootloader, you will be able to flash back to shipped even if activesync says its not connected. trust me. In bootloader, I always get a message telling me I'm not connected but as long as USB is on the screen, it will allow you to flash the shipped rom. Good luck.

I tried one more time to flash it back to shipped, no luck at all, gives me error code 260
Thanks

Riley 10-20-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1247667)
I tried one more time to flash it back to shipped, no luck at all, gives me error code 260
Thanks

sorry to hear that, here is a thread with the error codes and what they mean. it is suggesting you restart you computer which you probably did...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=35

Incubated 10-20-2009 01:35 AM

connect the device, run device manager and refresh device list. if you see conflicts in connections, fix it be uninstalling reinstalling drivers. also, if you are on vista, reinstall mobile center. i had the same problem with mobile devices center and reinstall helped. make sure faster file transfer is unchecked though. try other usb ports and other people's computers.

CozBoogie 10-20-2009 12:49 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz

jmz768 10-20-2009 05:04 PM

I just went through this and after hours of searching and trying everything possible, it turned out to be a bad charging port on the phone.

htc_d 10-20-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmz768 (Post 1249341)
I just went through this and after hours of searching and trying everything possible, it turned out to be a bad charging port on the phone.

What do you mean by bad charging port? How do I fix it?
Thanks

htc_d 10-20-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubated (Post 1247848)
connect the device, run device manager and refresh device list. if you see conflicts in connections, fix it be uninstalling reinstalling drivers. also, if you are on vista, reinstall mobile center. i had the same problem with mobile devices center and reinstall helped. make sure faster file transfer is unchecked though. try other usb ports and other people's computers.

I did that before and 1 more time 10 minutes ago, no conflicts at all
Thanks

jmz768 10-21-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1250225)
What do you mean by bad charging port? How do I fix it?
Thanks

The port on the bottom of your phone that you plug into to charge and/or sync. My phone would charge just fine from the PC but wouldn't sync. The way it was explained to me at the service center is that there are 8 pins inside that port. It only requires 2 to charge but all 8 to sync. My fix was to swap it for a new phone.

htc_d 10-21-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmz768 (Post 1252165)
The port on the bottom of your phone that you plug into to charge and/or sync. My phone would charge just fine from the PC but wouldn't sync. The way it was explained to me at the service center is that there are 8 pins inside that port. It only requires 2 to charge but all 8 to sync. My fix was to swap it for a new phone.

I dont have insurance on my phone, and it has a different rom, so I dont think they will swap it to new phone :(
Thanks

jmz768 10-21-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1252173)
I dont have insurance on my phone, and it has a different rom, so I dont think they will swap it to new phone :(
Thanks

Maybe look into threads talking about disassembling the phone. It might not be that difficult to fix the connector.

MrObvious 10-21-2009 10:04 PM

If your contract is less than a year old it should be covered by warranty.

htc_d 10-21-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1252909)
If your contract is less than a year old it should be covered by warranty.

Even if I have a different rom on my devices?
Thanks

runkittyrun 10-21-2009 11:15 PM

mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it

htc_d 10-21-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runkittyrun (Post 1253125)
mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it

I started active sync on my device hit menu everything is grayed out but connections, I press connections only thing I see is when cradled use usb connection, thats it, dont see any profiles
Thanks

MrObvious 10-22-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1252956)
Even if I have a different rom on my devices?
Thanks

Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..

htc_d 10-22-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1253377)
Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..

Sorry but how do I that, thats why I started this thread so I can flash back to stock :)
Thanks

stormygal_indy 10-22-2009 02:43 AM

Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?

MrObvious 10-22-2009 10:48 AM

Just download the shipped Sprint ROM, flash it, then go to the unlocker thread and use the relocker and you are good to go.

htc_d 10-22-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormygal_indy (Post 1253526)
Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?

Yup same thing on both, funny part is sometimes it show internal storage sometimes its not. This morning I plugged my device to charge it from wall charger and that message came out ?!

stormygal_indy 10-30-2009 05:46 PM

Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?

htc_d 10-30-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormygal_indy (Post 1279783)
Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?

Nope still having same problem. Roms that I used for both of them giving me hard time lately, I am ready to throw this phone out :)
I would appreciate if anyone can help me
Thanks

dman777 11-03-2009 11:12 PM

hey guys im new to this forum and i have a similar issue here. I just bought a used htc diamond (diam500) off of craigslist. The phone appeared perfect and worked well. The only thing i couldnt test was the active sync connection. When i was able to get to a computer and test it , it was too late. Activesnync works for my other 2 pda phones but not on this htc diamond. In conclusion , was i scammed into a broken ported phone ? or is there some software issues here with active sync?

MrObvious 11-04-2009 03:08 AM

Does it work if you turn off the advanced functionality in Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC?

dman777 11-04-2009 03:23 AM

no it doesnt. Ive tried everything that was suggested in this thread. I did a hard restart on the diamond, and complete reinstalls of activesync on the pc. Since active sync works with my other pda phones (same network telus) Its an isolated problem with this htc diamond. Its odd that every other function on the phone works ..even wifi ..just activesync doesnt. Again, could this be plug port damage on the diamond?

MrObvious 11-04-2009 04:27 AM

Yeah it could. Do you have other cables?

dman777 11-04-2009 12:37 PM

I went over the device with htc support techs and they concluded that its most likely pin damage at the device port. If it is , since i have an extra port from another htc phone, is it an easy hardware swap? Do i have to be a surgeon to change the port on this device? thanks for the help.

MrObvious 11-04-2009 01:30 PM

Frankly most of us return it under warranty so I don't know you will get an exact answer. There are guides to disassembling a Diamond floating around and even a Youtube vid or two. You could try it if you don't think there is a warranty left.

htc_d 11-14-2009 11:57 AM

Hello everybody
Tried everything but still no luck. I would like to thank every one who tried to help me and others in this thread.
I have an idea:
I would like to return the phone to sprint for service since its still under warranty
But as you all know I have different roms on my 2 htc diamonds, want to flash it back to stock sprint rom, didnt know how to do it without being able to active sync, but here the idea:
what if I just download sprint rom into my internal storage and then try to open it?
But I think I will need a cab file?!
Can someone confirm this?
Thanks a lot

stormygal_indy 11-14-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1328524)
Hello everybody
Tried everything but still no luck. I would like to thank every one who tried to help me and others in this thread.
I have an idea:
I would like to return the phone to sprint for service since its still under warranty
But as you all know I have different roms on my 2 htc diamonds, want to flash it back to stock sprint rom, didnt know how to do it without being able to active sync, but here the idea:
what if I just download sprint rom into my internal storage and then try to open it?
But I think I will need a cab file?!
Can someone confirm this?
Thanks a lot

Go to this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 And go to the section Flash a ROM from Internal Storage, the steps walk you through what to do.

Question for others: Is it possible to relock the phone without ActiveSync working? As I recall, Sprint Shipped doesn't have the 3.5 .NET Framework version so without being able to connect via AS how will he be able to re-lock the phone after getting to shipped?

MrObvious 11-15-2009 11:01 AM

Maybe put the NBH on the Internal Storage? But try going to bootloader first.

htc_d 11-15-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormygal_indy (Post 1329170)
Go to this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 And go to the section Flash a ROM from Internal Storage, the steps walk you through what to do.

Question for others: Is it possible to relock the phone without ActiveSync working? As I recall, Sprint Shipped doesn't have the 3.5 .NET Framework version so without being able to connect via AS how will he be able to re-lock the phone after getting to shipped?

I followed the steps, but when I extract the rar file to internal storage there is no nbh file or Ruu file as well, am I missing something?
Thanks

stormygal_indy 11-15-2009 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If what you're looking at is the file _HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)_HTC Touch Diamond MR 2.00.651.7.exe ... you need to extract that using WinRAR or such and it will reveal the RUUsigned.nbh file (looks to be about 147mb or so). That's the file you need to rename and put onto your Internal Storage.

Also, I discovered some info that should help you get relocked. It involves the same process once you've gotten back to shipped, but you'll need to get the second file onto your internal storage while you still know you have access to it via USB. Then you can rename it when you're ready to run it.

I've attached the Diamond Relocker file. Extract that and look for the RUUSigned.nbh file. This one will be smaller in size than the Sprint file, this is just intended to relock your phone. You'll need to change the name of the file you used first (DIAMIMG) to something else and change the Relocker's RUU to DIAMIMG. You'll do the same process to get it to run as you did getting back to Sprint Shipped.