PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help, htc diamond wont active sync

Does it work if you turn off the advanced functionality in Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

dman777 is a n00b

no it doesnt. Ive tried everything that was suggested in this thread. I did a hard restart on the diamond, and complete reinstalls of activesync on the pc. Since active sync works with my other pda phones (same network telus) Its an isolated problem with this htc diamond. Its odd that every other function on the phone works ..even wifi ..just activesync doesnt. Again, could this be plug port damage on the diamond?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah it could. Do you have other cables?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

dman777 is a n00b

I went over the device with htc support techs and they concluded that its most likely pin damage at the device port. If it is , since i have an extra port from another htc phone, is it an easy hardware swap? Do i have to be a surgeon to change the port on this device? thanks for the help.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Frankly most of us return it under warranty so I don't know you will get an exact answer. There are guides to disassembling a Diamond floating around and even a Youtube vid or two. You could try it if you don't think there is a warranty left.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WinMo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Hello everybody
Tried everything but still no luck. I would like to thank every one who tried to help me and others in this thread.
I have an idea:
I would like to return the phone to sprint for service since its still under warranty
But as you all know I have different roms on my 2 htc diamonds, want to flash it back to stock sprint rom, didnt know how to do it without being able to active sync, but here the idea:
what if I just download sprint rom into my internal storage and then try to open it?
But I think I will need a cab file?!
Can someone confirm this?
Thanks a lot
Old 11-14-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc_d View Post
Hello everybody
Tried everything but still no luck. I would like to thank every one who tried to help me and others in this thread.
I have an idea:
I would like to return the phone to sprint for service since its still under warranty
But as you all know I have different roms on my 2 htc diamonds, want to flash it back to stock sprint rom, didnt know how to do it without being able to active sync, but here the idea:
what if I just download sprint rom into my internal storage and then try to open it?
But I think I will need a cab file?!
Can someone confirm this?
Thanks a lot
Go to this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 And go to the section Flash a ROM from Internal Storage, the steps walk you through what to do.

Question for others: Is it possible to relock the phone without ActiveSync working? As I recall, Sprint Shipped doesn't have the 3.5 .NET Framework version so without being able to connect via AS how will he be able to re-lock the phone after getting to shipped?

Last edited by stormygal_indy; 11-14-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I see you have a PPC.

Maybe put the NBH on the Internal Storage? But try going to bootloader first.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WinMo
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Go to this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 And go to the section Flash a ROM from Internal Storage, the steps walk you through what to do.

Question for others: Is it possible to relock the phone without ActiveSync working? As I recall, Sprint Shipped doesn't have the 3.5 .NET Framework version so without being able to connect via AS how will he be able to re-lock the phone after getting to shipped?
I followed the steps, but when I extract the rar file to internal storage there is no nbh file or Ruu file as well, am I missing something?
Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

If what you're looking at is the file _HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)_HTC Touch Diamond MR 2.00.651.7.exe ... you need to extract that using WinRAR or such and it will reveal the RUUsigned.nbh file (looks to be about 147mb or so). That's the file you need to rename and put onto your Internal Storage.

Also, I discovered some info that should help you get relocked. It involves the same process once you've gotten back to shipped, but you'll need to get the second file onto your internal storage while you still know you have access to it via USB. Then you can rename it when you're ready to run it.

I've attached the Diamond Relocker file. Extract that and look for the RUUSigned.nbh file. This one will be smaller in size than the Sprint file, this is just intended to relock your phone. You'll need to change the name of the file you used first (DIAMIMG) to something else and change the Relocker's RUU to DIAMIMG. You'll do the same process to get it to run as you did getting back to Sprint Shipped.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Diamond Relocker.rar (1,016.4 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond