PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: alltel

runkittyrun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help, htc diamond wont active sync

mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it
Old 10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WinMo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkittyrun View Post
mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it

I started active sync on my device hit menu everything is grayed out but connections, I press connections only thing I see is when cradled use usb connection, thats it, dont see any profiles
Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc_d View Post
Even if I have a different rom on my devices?
Thanks
Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..
Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..
Sorry but how do I that, thats why I started this thread so I can flash back to stock
Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just download the shipped Sprint ROM, flash it, then go to the unlocker thread and use the relocker and you are good to go.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?
Yup same thing on both, funny part is sometimes it show internal storage sometimes its not. This morning I plugged my device to charge it from wall charger and that message came out ?!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc_d is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?

Nope still having same problem. Roms that I used for both of them giving me hard time lately, I am ready to throw this phone out
I would appreciate if anyone can help me
Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

dman777 is a n00b

hey guys im new to this forum and i have a similar issue here. I just bought a used htc diamond (diam500) off of craigslist. The phone appeared perfect and worked well. The only thing i couldnt test was the active sync connection. When i was able to get to a computer and test it , it was too late. Activesnync works for my other 2 pda phones but not on this htc diamond. In conclusion , was i scammed into a broken ported phone ? or is there some software issues here with active sync?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond