PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Need help, htc diamond wont active sync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91418)

runkittyrun 10-21-2009 11:15 PM

Re: Need help, htc diamond wont active sync

mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it

htc_d 10-21-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runkittyrun (Post 1253125)
mabey i missed this but i didn't see anyone suggest deleting the profiles on the phone, start active sync on your phone and go to menu>options, then highlight the computer name and select delete, clear all listed connection sources, (just make sure highlight the computer name and not the individual options so the delete button doesn't grey out)

also you can delete the mobile device from the computer under file>delete mobile device, but you said you tried this on other ocmputers so i would suggest clearing the settings on the device and try that, i had connection issue with active sync and clearing the device saved sync settings fixed it

I started active sync on my device hit menu everything is grayed out but connections, I press connections only thing I see is when cradled use usb connection, thats it, dont see any profiles
Thanks

MrObvious 10-22-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htc_d (Post 1252956)
Even if I have a different rom on my devices?
Thanks

Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..

htc_d 10-22-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1253377)
Well flash back to stock and relock first of course..

Sorry but how do I that, thats why I started this thread so I can flash back to stock :)
Thanks

stormygal_indy 10-22-2009 02:43 AM

Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?

MrObvious 10-22-2009 10:48 AM

Just download the shipped Sprint ROM, flash it, then go to the unlocker thread and use the relocker and you are good to go.

htc_d 10-22-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormygal_indy (Post 1253526)
Just curious, when you're plugged into the computer, does Internal Storage show up at all in your drive list? If you can see that, then maybe you could try to force a flash to stock from storage.

Here's that info from one of the threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...red+bootloader

If the drive doesn't show up, then likely what someone else said is the case--a bad usb/charging port on the phone. In your initial post, you mentioned two Diamonds... is it doing the same thing on both?

Yup same thing on both, funny part is sometimes it show internal storage sometimes its not. This morning I plugged my device to charge it from wall charger and that message came out ?!

stormygal_indy 10-30-2009 05:46 PM

Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?

htc_d 10-30-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormygal_indy (Post 1279783)
Just curious what ever happened -- did you find a fix?

Nope still having same problem. Roms that I used for both of them giving me hard time lately, I am ready to throw this phone out :)
I would appreciate if anyone can help me
Thanks

dman777 11-03-2009 11:12 PM

hey guys im new to this forum and i have a similar issue here. I just bought a used htc diamond (diam500) off of craigslist. The phone appeared perfect and worked well. The only thing i couldnt test was the active sync connection. When i was able to get to a computer and test it , it was too late. Activesnync works for my other 2 pda phones but not on this htc diamond. In conclusion , was i scammed into a broken ported phone ? or is there some software issues here with active sync?