PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/)
-   -   ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-diamond/91404-ppcgeeks-com-opera-mobile.html)

zim2704 10-19-2009 09:48 PM

ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
Ok, so has anybody else experience when using opera mobile on your diamond and going to ppcgeeks.com that opera just shuts down? It really sucks because i have been having to use IE and go to ppc geeks.

wmdunn 10-19-2009 09:52 PM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2704 (Post 1247264)
Ok, so has anybody else experience when using opera mobile on your diamond and going to ppcgeeks.com that opera just shuts down? It really sucks because i have been having to use IE and go to ppc geeks.

A little more information, and we might be able to help. Which version of Opera are you using? Can you access other sites? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

zim2704 10-19-2009 10:07 PM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
I have used stock alltel, juicy8 and energy rom all have had that same problem. Currently I am running energy rom with opera version- 9.5 build 15613. BTW i can pull up ppcgeeks with opera 9.7beta. Have installed uninstalled and flashed also have tried using wifi with same result.

wmdunn 10-19-2009 10:17 PM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2704 (Post 1247330)
I have used stock alltel, juicy8 and energy rom all have had that same problem. Currently I am running energy rom with opera version- 9.5 build 15613. BTW i can pull up ppcgeeks with opera 9.7beta. Have installed uninstalled and flashed also have tried using wifi with same result.

Hmmm ... sounds like something you have installed isn't playing well with Opera. Of the roms you list, I installed NRG's when it came out last week, and Opera ran just fine, including ppcgeeks. Since then, I'm back to my own rom, so can't test it for you. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but you might use opera mini as a stop gap, until you run the problem down. I've attached a cab to 4.2, which is very quick.

zim2704 10-19-2009 10:27 PM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
I think that the updates that have went through over the past few days fixed my problem. I just pulled up ppcgeeks without an issue. I know that just 3-4 days ago it would not pull up. Have recently switched to BB for some variety so my diamond doesn't get very much use but when the wife is using the laptop i pull out the diamond for web browsing. I honestly am not sure what was causing the issue but it hasn't been working for a good 2-3 weeks and today its working fine. Guess i should have tried it one last time before posting. but still have no idea why it started happening in the first place.

wmdunn 10-19-2009 11:14 PM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2704 (Post 1247398)
I think that the updates that have went through over the past few days fixed my problem. I just pulled up ppcgeeks without an issue. I know that just 3-4 days ago it would not pull up. Have recently switched to BB for some variety so my diamond doesn't get very much use but when the wife is using the laptop i pull out the diamond for web browsing. I honestly am not sure what was causing the issue but it hasn't been working for a good 2-3 weeks and today its working fine. Guess i should have tried it one last time before posting. but still have no idea why it started happening in the first place.

Glad you figured it out. PPCGEEKS had lots of server problems over the last few days. Maybe that had something to do with it ...

CaliBoyPhillip 10-20-2009 12:32 AM

Re: ppcgeeks.com and opera mobile
 
I'm glad it is all working out for you, I noticed the same issue about 3 days ago during the serving issue's, I normally just go to " Forum.ppcgeek.com " to avoid any issues with some opera's... yeah I flash alot daily.. I feel like such a hypocrite to ROM's ^^ lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0