PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Error 262 Update Error

Ok, I know, I need to 'unlock' my phone. Unfortunately even that throws me an Update Error. I cannot flash my phone with anything, not even stock Sprint ROM (even though that's what I already have anyways).

Anyone care to throw out an idea? Perhaps trying my laptop now may be a good option as clearly my desktop is uncooperative.

Slmclarengt
Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Error 262 Update Error

Does it give you details as to what the error means?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Does it give you details as to what the error means?

ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR

This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.

Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.

Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Try on a different computer with a new usb cable. Heres the common errors found:
  1. ERROR [202, 204] : CONNECTION
This error message will appear when the device is not connected to ActiveSync correctly. Make sure you properly connect the device to the PC through ActiveSync before running RUU.
  1. ERROR [206] : MEMORY ALLOCATION
  2. ERROR [280] : UPDATE ERROR
When you see any of these error messages, close other running programs on the computer and run RUU again.
  1. ERROR [208] : FILE OPEN
  2. ERROR [210] : FILE READ
These error messages indicate that RUU lacks certain important files and cannot continue with the update. Please get the complete RUU package again.
  1. ERROR [212] : FILE CREATE
  2. ERROR [214] : FILE WRITE
  3. ERROR [222, 224] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
These error messages will appear when remote access control has failed. Check the ActiveSync connection and try running RUU again.
  1. ERROR [220] : MAIN BATTERY POWER
This error message will appear when the device's battery power is not sufficient. Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it still has to make sure that your device has enough power to upgrade the radio. (Even when you plug in the AC adapter, the device is unable to charge the battery when it is upgrading the radio).
  1. ERROR [238] : FILE READ
This error message may appear when, for some unknown reason, the ROM image on the phone is corrupt. Download the whole RUU and try again.
  1. ERROR [240] : FILE OPEN
When this error message appears, check whether the downloaded image is placed in the directory of RUU. If, for some unknown reason, you find that the ROM image is not located in the RUU folder, you have to download the RUU and retry again.
  1. ERROR [242] : INVALID LANGUAGE
  2. ERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL ID
  3. ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID
  4. ERROR [296] : UPGRADE ONLY
One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the upgrade. RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the device. Make sure you use the appropriate RUU tool to upgrade.
  1. ERROR [246] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
This error message indicates that RUU cannot start the update process. Please contact your service provider for assistance.
  1. ERROR [248~260] : UPDATE ERROR
This error occurs when there is an ";open port error"; before upgrading the CE ROM image.

Solution: You can reset the device and run RUU again. If you still encounter an ";OPEN PORT ERROR"; again, reset your computer and try again.
  1. ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR
This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.

Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.

Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode.
  1. ERROR [264, 274] : CONNECTION
  2. ERROR [302~318] : UPDATE ERROR
  3. ERROR [320~328] : INVALID COMMAND
These errors seldom occur. However, if one of these errors occur, it could not be recovered and the device had to be sent back to the customer service center. In this case, you have to flash a new ROM code.
  1. ERROR [300] : INVALID UPDATE TOOL
This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU version to upgrade.
  1. ERROR [330] : ROM IMAGE ERROR
This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to upgrade and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version to upgrade.

Hope that helps!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm yeah try a new cable. Try putting it in bootloader mode.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Uggg... How do you people tolerate this piece of junk phone?!?! I'm on my first replacement and it seems to have the same if not WORSE problems than the first (hmm, sounds like when I was dealing with my HTC Touch so it's probably just the brand is junk, HTC).

I have tried different USB cables, different computers, in bootloader, in Activesync, etc... to absolutely NO avail

The phone battery drains faster than a fat kid eating cake in a cake eating contest, all the while I am missing a large chunk of my phone calls (possibly pilot pollution). In fact, the constant switching between sites may be causing this battery draining. I blame HTC and/or Microsoft but HTC moreso as they make shiny devices that have failed me thus far.

And this a great reminer why it's fine to let countries like Taiwan manufacture our devices, but designing them needs to be left to people with actual abilities (eg Apple, Palm or RIM).

My aggression is fully justified as these phones have caused me more problems than happiness since day one. Do I get my phone calls? No, not 100% of the time; maybe 60% of the time if that depending on when my phone is acting up. Sadly, this is virtually independent of custom ROMs as I ran my old Diamond with many more custom ROMs and now am running stock for now (because of this update error still!).

Windows sucks all around whether Mobile or on PC; the only reason Se7en (7) is even good so far is because Microsoft finally has competition in the marketplace (thank you Apple for once!). Maybe with the way things are going, I'll go with Apple products because if with their problems, at least they are 60 times more reliable than an HTC/Microsoft and maybe even Sprint product...

Slmclarengt

P.S. Yep, still having the same update error even with everything changed up. And no the Unlocker does not work either!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Wah. You just don't know how to work it. If you don't like it then ranting doesn't accomplish anything. It's not a piece of junk but quite a wonderful device really.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Wah. You just don't know how to work it. If you don't like it then ranting doesn't accomplish anything. It's not a piece of junk but quite a wonderful device really.
MrObvious... What an ironic name, because here you are trying to defend this 'wonderful device' yet you have no recommendations for a device that out of the box does not work correctly. In fact neither my old Touch or this Diamond have worked even 90% since I have had either of them.

So congrats =D> for accomplishing nothing as I have accomplished plenty with this phone; unfortunately it does not reciprocate the love I have shown it. I have given it different USB cables, different ports, different computers, different Operating Systems and tried to give it different ROMs (with the only flash working being the Sprint 'leaked' ROM which I am running right).

Hey MrObvious, start giving "obvious" solutions and maybe I will not respond with a snide and cynical tone to your next response.

Perhaps this device has it's own personal problems as I had no issue like this with my old Diamond even. It had it's own stupid quirks. Guess this is what happens when a shoddy device (arguably, to me it definitely is/was) gets refurbished (stupid refurb phones are even worse than new - lipstick on a sex-changed pig is how I care to think about it).
Old 04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Mine has worked fine. I'm sorry your experience hasn't been.

Now back to business. Can you transfer files at all through ActiveSync?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes Activesync file transfer works fine.

So far I have tried this ROM update/Unlocking on 3 different Operating Systems. Vista Business x64, XP Home 32, and Windows 7 32. Unfortunately W7 did not like my phone being in bootloader (no driver yet for that I guess built in), both other OSes had the same problem (update error) with the one exception being when I used an actual Sprint-made ROM. It almost makes me think Sprint practically put a DRM on my phone so only Sprint-made (signed) ROMs would be flashable because I cannot even flash the unlocker...

Unlikely but how else would I solve this anyway?

Slmclarengt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond