PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   unfixable reboot loop ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91119)

tjgp360 10-18-2009 01:24 AM

unfixable reboot loop ?

hello, i think this might be my first post but first off i want to say thank you to all who have helped at my time of need.

my sprint diamond is stuck in what it seems an unfixable loop, i have searched all over for a solution including this forum and over at xda.

it started after trying to update to the 6.5 rom, i currently have SPL-0.57.Cmonex intalled, it seems the only thing i can do is go to my boot loader, i have tried the unlcokers and flashing stock roms but nthing seems to work i even did a hard reset with no avail. im at a loss. I dont have any clue to what it could be

](*,)

violentz313 10-18-2009 01:32 AM

Re: unfixable reboot loop ?

flash sprint shipped rom first the one with the radio and everything and that should fix it. Then flash custom rom from there.

CaliBoyPhillip 10-18-2009 01:33 AM

I think you should try flashing to the shipped ROM of what ever carrier is your device, let me know if that works... not stock... mmmm I'm a bit sleepy so excuse my lag of reading :P and confusion

tjgp360 10-18-2009 01:52 AM

thank you both I thought i was doomed lol it worked flawlessly

CaliBoyPhillip 10-18-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjgp360 (Post 1243630)
thank you both I thought i was doomed lol it worked flawlessly

I'm glad it worked =] that's why were a community, to help each other out.

- Phillip

bradart 10-18-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1243642)
I'm glad it worked =] that's why were a community, to help each other out.

- Phillip

word.

tjgp360 10-18-2009 02:19 AM

i found the culprit by the way. it was a 6.5 rom i was trying to use (X2H_iphone_Killer)
it stated that i needed a bootloader other than the one i have(1.40 ollinex HSPL), Is it possible to change it ?

bradart 10-18-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjgp360 (Post 1243652)
i found the culprit by the way. it was a 6.5 rom i was trying to use (X2H_iphone_Killer)
it stated that i needed a bootloader other than the one i have(1.40 ollinex HSPL), Is it possible to change it ?

There is a RE-locker floating about the forums. You could probably use that than unlock again with your choice of unlocker. I've never heard of it mattering which unlocker you use though...

tjgp360 10-18-2009 02:32 AM

ummm i might sound noobish for a sec but... i have to relock before i flash a rom !? lol if so i wonder what i have been doing over the years

CaliBoyPhillip 10-18-2009 02:41 AM

I actually believe you don't need to relock each time... I'm sleepy so let me try to explain what he meant... maybe re-lock your phone right now that your on shipped ROM and then unlock your device with the latest unlocker or what ever available for download... but no you DONT NEED to RELOCK for each ROM =] oooh and btw... just flash to shipped ROM each time you wanna try out another ROM, and only relock it if you ever are sending it back to sprint / replaced / getting a tech to check it out.

latest re-locker found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Relocker.rar

latest unlocker download found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Unlocker.rar

Please note that it's best you follow instructions found here and download may take time!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

bradart 10-18-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1243670)
I actually believe you don't need to relock each time... I'm sleepy so let me try to explain what he meant... maybe re-lock your phone right now that your on shipped ROM and then unlock your device with the latest unlocker or what ever available for download... but no you DONT NEED to RELOCK for each ROM =] oooh and btw... just flash to shipped ROM each time you wanna try out another ROM, and only relock it if you ever are sending it back to sprint / replaced / getting a tech to check it out.

latest re-locker found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Relocker.rar

latest unlocker download found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Unlocker.rar

Please note that it's best you follow instructions found here and download may take time!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Thats exactly what i meant. Though my verbage may be on the side of unclear, let it be known that the stupor of pedant ignorance can and will be cut through by those who understand and decode platitudinous phraseology to dispell the nubilation resulting thereof.