PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: metro pcs

tjgp360 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation unfixable reboot loop ?

hello, i think this might be my first post but first off i want to say thank you to all who have helped at my time of need.

my sprint diamond is stuck in what it seems an unfixable loop, i have searched all over for a solution including this forum and over at xda.

it started after trying to update to the 6.5 rom, i currently have SPL-0.57.Cmonex intalled, it seems the only thing i can do is go to my boot loader, i have tried the unlcokers and flashing stock roms but nthing seems to work i even did a hard reset with no avail. im at a loss. I dont have any clue to what it could be

Old 10-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Re: unfixable reboot loop ?

flash sprint shipped rom first the one with the radio and everything and that should fix it. Then flash custom rom from there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:33 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I think you should try flashing to the shipped ROM of what ever carrier is your device, let me know if that works... not stock... mmmm I'm a bit sleepy so excuse my lag of reading :P and confusion
Old 10-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjgp360 is a n00b

thank you both I thought i was doomed lol it worked flawlessly
Old 10-18-2009, 02:05 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgp360 View Post
thank you both I thought i was doomed lol it worked flawlessly

I'm glad it worked =] that's why were a community, to help each other out.

- Phillip
Old 10-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm glad it worked =] that's why were a community, to help each other out.

- Phillip
word.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjgp360 is a n00b

i found the culprit by the way. it was a 6.5 rom i was trying to use (X2H_iphone_Killer)
it stated that i needed a bootloader other than the one i have(1.40 ollinex HSPL), Is it possible to change it ?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgp360 View Post
i found the culprit by the way. it was a 6.5 rom i was trying to use (X2H_iphone_Killer)
it stated that i needed a bootloader other than the one i have(1.40 ollinex HSPL), Is it possible to change it ?
There is a RE-locker floating about the forums. You could probably use that than unlock again with your choice of unlocker. I've never heard of it mattering which unlocker you use though...
Old 10-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjgp360 is a n00b

ummm i might sound noobish for a sec but... i have to relock before i flash a rom !? lol if so i wonder what i have been doing over the years
Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

I actually believe you don't need to relock each time... I'm sleepy so let me try to explain what he meant... maybe re-lock your phone right now that your on shipped ROM and then unlock your device with the latest unlocker or what ever available for download... but no you DONT NEED to RELOCK for each ROM =] oooh and btw... just flash to shipped ROM each time you wanna try out another ROM, and only relock it if you ever are sending it back to sprint / replaced / getting a tech to check it out.

latest re-locker found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Relocker.rar

latest unlocker download found here ----> ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Unlocker.rar

Please note that it's best you follow instructions found here and download may take time!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 10-18-2009 at 02:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond