PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
TomTom Navigator 7.9 VGA Version

For those of you trying to use your old PAID TomTom QVGA on your New Diamond/PRO. You will notice that the menu's are not very finger friendly. Installing this will simply replace your old interface with a new VGA version that looks great on your new device.

I hope you new Diamond/PRO users will appreciate, and like it!

THIS IS JUST THE TOMTOM 7.9 INTERFACE MODDED FOR VGA USERS. YOU WILL STILL NEED TO PAY FOR MAPS AND ACTIVATE THEM AS USUAL WHEN FIRST USING THE NAVIGATION SOFTWARE.

MODS: If this cannot be posted, then please remove immediately and accept my apologies.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TTN 7.9 VGA.zip (8.32 MB, 1457 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Tre0 Pr0
Carrier: Sprint

mikesousa is a n00b
Re: TomTom Navigator 7.9 VGA Version

Cool. So all I have to do is uninstall the old tt7 software (while keeping my maps in memory) and install the new tt7.9?

Sounds easy enough. I will report back..
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Actually.... TT7.910 is natively designed for the Diamond and Pro and is already VGA...

But I don't believe there is any legal way to use this software that is only for EU users.
TomTom does not make this publically available....
Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Threadstarter

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Actually.... TT7.910 is natively designed for the Diamond and Pro and is already VGA...

But I don't believe there is any legal way to use this software that is only for EU users.
TomTom does not make this publically available....
Thanks for the info......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Welcome
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Works great, but can anyone tell me how to disable my phone from turning on the data connection when I start TomTom?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Works great, but can anyone tell me how to disable my phone from turning on the data connection when I start TomTom?

Thanks
Im glad you like it

It does that so you acquire a faster lock with the built in aGps. But, You can simply go to your communication manager and turn the data off after you start TomTom. Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to have it automatically disconnect data when starting the app. Hopefully someone else will chime in to further assist you.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Lurker

gokart is a n00b

you could also try disabling aGPS with Advanced Config. that might stop it from opening the data to begin with.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart View Post
you could also try disabling aGPS with Advanced Config. that might stop it from opening the data to begin with.
Great suggestion, but then he wont be able to use cellular data at all for Internet, Youtube, Streaming Music...ect.

Couldn't tell by his question if he wanted to just prevent TomTom from accessing data or disable data altogether. If the latter is the case then your suggestion would be perfect. Hopefully he'll chime in to let us know.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
For those of you trying to use your old PAID TomTom QVGA on your New Diamond/PRO. You will notice that the menu's are not very finger friendly. Installing this will simply replace your old interface with a new VGA version that looks great on your new device.

I hope you new Diamond/PRO users will appreciate, and like it!

THIS IS JUST THE TOMTOM 7.9 INTERFACE MODDED FOR VGA USERS. YOU WILL STILL NEED TO PAY FOR MAPS AND ACTIVATE THEM AS USUAL WHEN FIRST USING THE NAVIGATION SOFTWARE.

MODS: If this cannot be posted, then please remove immediately and accept my apologies.

Is it safe to assume that if I have a paid version of navigator 6, my maps will not work with this version unless I upgrade to the new maps that were released last fall?

Thank you in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond