PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM suggestion? STRICTLY for battery life...

I am running the NYC marathon on Nov. 1. and wish to take my phone along, running SportyPal (gps tracking). I have been using it (happily) for a couple months now, but am concerned about battery life. I have a pretty new (OEM) battery, and under NRG's rom, with the phone off (airplane mode) and nothing running except for sportypal, I seem to get about 4 hours total life. I need to be able to make it 5 1/2 hours (hopefully, worst case).

So, which rom do you guys suggest as the one that will give me the best battery life with the radio and internet turned off? Literally, running nothing but sportypal, which uses gps. I don't care what other issues the rom has, or whether you find it particularly stable - it just needs to give me 5 1/2 hours of battery life with sportypal running.

Pete
Old 10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: ROM suggestion? STRICTLY for battery life...

Mike's ROMs have been very good. Maybe a classic 3.9 or 4 final would do the trick. Just turn off the auto screen adjust, go through Advanced Configuration and turn on all the power managements, turn off the beam, and turn the screen brightness down to the two or three notch (the lower the less battery drain).
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I suggest MIghtyROM 4 Final...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

if u can get old juicy roms like 3.x version that will do. i am running TruXt and i went for 3 days without charging. i used the web, checked email, called, texted, and everything. was impressed. i am very happy with the batter life on this rom.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Try my ROM, intxROM Premier.

I can assure if you if you run the battery savings cab it should do as good a job as anything.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Usually the 6.1 builds seem to do better, but so much depends on your actual configuration and usage. If you take all the suggestions, most of the roms will be within a whisker or two of each other.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the suggestions. I may try INTX's rom, looks nice. I really prefer titanium ,though, and after I run the marathon will probably go back to a 6.5 rom. But, you never know... thanks again..
Pete
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

master4g is a n00b

i disabled htc dialer and also touch flow 3d and titanium, .... and get great battery life.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks, I am going to try your rom, and am downloading it now for an install later tonight. I searched the 82 files attached to your thread but could not find a "battery savings" cab. Is that something I'll see when I install the rom itself?

Thanks again,
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Try my ROM, intxROM Premier.

I can assure if you if you run the battery savings cab it should do as good a job as anything.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Thanks, I am going to try your rom, and am downloading it now for an install later tonight. I searched the 82 files attached to your thread but could not find a "battery savings" cab. Is that something I'll see when I install the rom itself?

Thanks again,
Pete
If not, Calkulin has a copy in his kitchen ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond