PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Caller ID and Contacts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90847)

Nosey 10-16-2009 08:42 AM

Caller ID and Contacts

I setup a google voice number and have been playing with all the roms, I found a rom that works for me (and doesn't lockup my diamond) but unlike some of the other roms.

With google voice, I have my caller id setup so it shows my number instead of the callers (set this way to have free incoming calls), I also have all my contacts setup so that when I select to call them, it calls my google voice number, pauses, then dials their number, so all my contacts start with my google number ie: mynumber-pause-pause-numbercalling

I also have a contact named google voice with just my google number for manually calling a number and for the caller id on incoming calls so it will show "Google Number" which is what I labeled that contact

in some of the roms (of course the ones that I don't like or cause my phone to lock up), when someone calls, it shows "google number" contact as the caller id, but in the rom I found that I like and works good for my phone, the caller id shown is the last number in the history that matches the first part of the number

Why would this be happening and what would be the best way around this, or is this a bug with the rom I'm using?

wmdunn 10-16-2009 09:54 AM

Re: Caller ID and Contacts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosey (Post 1239968)
With google voice, I have my caller id setup so it shows my number instead of the callers (set this way to have free incoming calls), I also have all my contacts setup so that when I select to call them, it calls my google voice number, pauses, then dials their number, so all my contacts start with my google number ie: mynumber-pause-pause-numbercalling

I also have a contact named google voice with just my google number for manually calling a number and for the caller id on incoming calls so it will show "Google Number" which is what I labeled that contact

in some of the roms (of course the ones that I don't like or cause my phone to lock up), when someone calls, it shows "google number" contact as the caller id, but in the rom I found that I like and works good for my phone, the caller id shown is the last number in the history that matches the first part of the number

Why would this be happening and what would be the best way around this, or is this a bug with the rom I'm using?

You know what, man ... you've come to the wrong place for help in how to optimize your phone in order to cheat a carrier into providing free calling. We don't talk about that stuff around here ...

Nosey 10-16-2009 10:03 AM

Not trying to cheat a carrier, I have a gv number so I have 1 number instead of 3, work, home, cell, what's wrong with using an option that the carriers created, free fav numbers, along the way. my main thing was to have 1 number for family to call instead of having 3 numbers

JAVIERBOND007 10-16-2009 10:05 AM

-To better assist you with your problem can you tell us what ROM are you using?

-And also Mr wmdunn, google voice is the one who offers free calling so i dont think or doesnt sound to me like cheating a carrier into providing free calling.

Nosey 10-16-2009 10:07 AM

Javierbond007,
thanks for backing me on using google voice....

I believe I'm using gadgets rom, I tried so many, and several locked up, is there a way I can tell?

JAVIERBOND007 10-16-2009 10:14 AM

Iam using google voice myself, well iam not familiar with that ROM, but let me ask you, did you always had this problem or just started doing it?

Nosey 10-16-2009 10:18 AM

I have alltel prepaid, (I own phone, had it on sprint, moved to area that only verizon and alltel work, got alltel prepaid until I decided what to do, 6 months later found out that alltel prepaid would let me activate my diamond but no data services, so I just started using it again this week)

so to answer your question, it just started doing this, I have tried several roms and this is the only one that seemed to be stable, not lockup, etc

JAVIERBOND007 10-16-2009 10:27 AM

Ok, i checked on the ROM's forum, but does not mention anything related to your problem, lets try some things before deciding what to do, What happends when you erace/clean all your calling history?

Nosey 10-16-2009 10:32 AM

ok, did that, called myself and it does the same thing

shaggylive 10-16-2009 10:34 AM

hmmm, I think I ran into a reg key that works this.. when I was messing with it I couldn't tell what it did, but what your describing is likely what it's for.
i'll come back and update if I can find it again, unless ya'll find it first.

edit; GV totally legit, and happily supported by geeks. :geek: