PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Caller ID and Contacts

I setup a google voice number and have been playing with all the roms, I found a rom that works for me (and doesn't lockup my diamond) but unlike some of the other roms.

With google voice, I have my caller id setup so it shows my number instead of the callers (set this way to have free incoming calls), I also have all my contacts setup so that when I select to call them, it calls my google voice number, pauses, then dials their number, so all my contacts start with my google number ie: mynumber-pause-pause-numbercalling

I also have a contact named google voice with just my google number for manually calling a number and for the caller id on incoming calls so it will show "Google Number" which is what I labeled that contact

in some of the roms (of course the ones that I don't like or cause my phone to lock up), when someone calls, it shows "google number" contact as the caller id, but in the rom I found that I like and works good for my phone, the caller id shown is the last number in the history that matches the first part of the number

Why would this be happening and what would be the best way around this, or is this a bug with the rom I'm using?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Caller ID and Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
With google voice, I have my caller id setup so it shows my number instead of the callers (set this way to have free incoming calls), I also have all my contacts setup so that when I select to call them, it calls my google voice number, pauses, then dials their number, so all my contacts start with my google number ie: mynumber-pause-pause-numbercalling

I also have a contact named google voice with just my google number for manually calling a number and for the caller id on incoming calls so it will show "Google Number" which is what I labeled that contact

in some of the roms (of course the ones that I don't like or cause my phone to lock up), when someone calls, it shows "google number" contact as the caller id, but in the rom I found that I like and works good for my phone, the caller id shown is the last number in the history that matches the first part of the number

Why would this be happening and what would be the best way around this, or is this a bug with the rom I'm using?
You know what, man ... you've come to the wrong place for help in how to optimize your phone in order to cheat a carrier into providing free calling. We don't talk about that stuff around here ...
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Not trying to cheat a carrier, I have a gv number so I have 1 number instead of 3, work, home, cell, what's wrong with using an option that the carriers created, free fav numbers, along the way. my main thing was to have 1 number for family to call instead of having 3 numbers
Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

-To better assist you with your problem can you tell us what ROM are you using?

-And also Mr wmdunn, google voice is the one who offers free calling so i dont think or doesnt sound to me like cheating a carrier into providing free calling.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 10-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Javierbond007,
thanks for backing me on using google voice....

I believe I'm using gadgets rom, I tried so many, and several locked up, is there a way I can tell?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Iam using google voice myself, well iam not familiar with that ROM, but let me ask you, did you always had this problem or just started doing it?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have alltel prepaid, (I own phone, had it on sprint, moved to area that only verizon and alltel work, got alltel prepaid until I decided what to do, 6 months later found out that alltel prepaid would let me activate my diamond but no data services, so I just started using it again this week)

so to answer your question, it just started doing this, I have tried several roms and this is the only one that seemed to be stable, not lockup, etc
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP PATROL

Ok, i checked on the ROM's forum, but does not mention anything related to your problem, lets try some things before deciding what to do, What happends when you erace/clean all your calling history?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok, did that, called myself and it does the same thing
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

hmmm, I think I ran into a reg key that works this.. when I was messing with it I couldn't tell what it did, but what your describing is likely what it's for.
i'll come back and update if I can find it again, unless ya'll find it first.

edit; GV totally legit, and happily supported by geeks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond