PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: loved my diamond until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Hello guys, nice to see thread active ^^ btw at wmdunn, I agree with you on the whole SERO bait talk... btw yeah wm 6.5 is truly amazing <3 wish we diamond users could get a official released one. I've decided to wait for the next top WM phone.
It's only a bait and switch if you don't know what bait and switch means.

It's not bait and switch if they let you sign up, get a phone, and keep the plan for the length of the contract you signed. They're under no obligation to renew that contract at all, much less let you renew it while giving you new customer pricing on a new phone.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Well it's not just SERO plans. I have a 1000 min Free and Clear family plan and they will not let me get a hero either. I pay 50 for the plan and 15 for Unlimited vision. What is the problem with my plan? I would have to double the cost of my plan every month just to get the phone. That is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to change plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Sure they are ... it's called "bait and switch". SERO was used to pick up thousands of customers, and trust me, they did not mention in their advertising that in the future, they would be treated like second class citizens. I agree that Sprint is an industry leader with regard to their rate structure, but it's still a mistake to piss off fee paying customers just because the company can't get a handle on a solid business model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
It's only a bait and switch if you don't know what bait and switch means.

It's not bait and switch if they let you sign up, get a phone, and keep the plan for the length of the contract you signed. They're under no obligation to renew that contract at all, much less let you renew it while giving you new customer pricing on a new phone.

In the defense of WMDunn, yes, it does indeed suck. I feel that if they let ANY plan be extended than they should let ALL plans be eligible for extension. That being said, two things:
  1. The contract you signed was for two (or maybe one) year.
  2. After that contract is passed its term, the party in question (sprint, in this case) Holds no obligation to even hold you as a subscriber to their services. Granted, it would be rediculous for them to terminate your service after the contract expiration but they could if they wanted to. On the flip side of that, you hold no obligation to them. You could switch carriers with no rammifications if you so desire. As i can see, that is not what you desire.

Whatever the case, no matter what we speculate SHOULD be is irrelavent. The fact of the matter is, the ink you put on that paper so many years ago is now in that back of a filing cabinet with all the other agreements that no longer hold either party. Seems like thats the price we have to pay for cool sh!t.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Screwing their customers by not allowing them to transfer their super-promotional-never-should-have-really-had-it-anyway plan to every new phone they ever come out with?

Sprint's regular plans are great deals. Best in the industry.

They are screwing no one.
They ARE screwing their Long Term Customers. The plan I am on was a widely available plan for years. Your "super-promotional-never-should-have-really-had-it-anyway plan" quote does not pertain to me.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND, Hero on way
Carrier: SPRINT

DREXLERMAC is a n00b

I fully agree that sprints plans now with any mobile any time can't be beaten.
I had a 3000 minute plan for three of us and would almost have to buy extra minutes each month. Now I use less then 1000 anytime minutes per month and am thinking of dropping back to 1500 minutes ,but I don't think it is that much cheaper.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND, Hero on way
Carrier: SPRINT

DREXLERMAC is a n00b

I guess just getting older as the hero is very well made, it would take me 3 months use to even come close to my daily needs in Winmo. You have to say yes three times just to power done and in reality you new close the application.
I personally couldn't use webos and don't care for android. I will wait for Microsoft to come out of there coma and get some finger friendly phones that willl still use a stylus to type.The hero won't.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks as though Sprint is doing me a favor, by restricting me from these newer devices
Old 10-24-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

i was thinking about switching to att for an iphone but then after getting feedback from iphone users they spend more with two phones then what i spend on three and on top of that now sprint has that deal where you are no longer charged for talking mobile to mobile no matter what carrier.. the only lan line i call is when i order wingstop or getting me a table at chilis, other than that everyone else uses a cellphone so now im only gonna be using round 60 minutes a month or so.. i have the 1500 hundred plan but i doubt i will ever go over..

Old 10-24-2009, 02:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I usually text anyway and as expensive as Verizon is I don't want to continue with them. I didn't ask for Alltel to get bought out for someone more expensive and so I wanna get a HD2 if Sprint gets it but either way Sprint has cheaper plans.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond