PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: loved my diamond until now

one of the best features of the phone is android.. you access to soooo many different apps at the press of a button, and around 90% of them are free.. on top of that you get some really wicked apps you wouldnt even think the phone could do, for instance theres actually and app that turns your phone into a metal detector.. the creepy part, IT ACTUALLY WORKS! i can pretty much guarantee whatever programs youve paid for you can find an android alternative that is possibly better as well as free.. open source is the way to go and thats what android is all about..

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Thank you very much! I'll def look into the hero and try to play with one.. and as well look into the moment or wait for better released android devices =] yeah well I can always transfer my IM+ to android and back to wm if i ever go back right? thanks!

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 10-16-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint is locking many of us out from getting any of their new devices. They are mandating that we switch to more expensive, less featured plans than the plans we are on now.
So it looks like I will be keeping my Diamond for awhile.
Android is a newer System than WM, and I don't know how it is regarding apps, etc.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The Hero was tempting I will admit but web browsing seemed lacking and I have only one program that is WM only.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

regarding web browsing, that really tripped me out.. i went to revision3.com to check out how it would react and when you would click on a video it would stream the vids fulls stream perfect quality, i cant do that on my diamond.. also i checked out hulu but that was a no go.. video wouldnt start.. i checked out digg.com using the mobile iphone address and i looked as if that site was made for the hero.. page setup was like the the iphone, looked perfect on the screen.. a lot of the sites looked so much cleaner.. ive heard about the newer phones not being able to be used with sero plans.. but im using a family plan with the wife and kiddos so i didnt effect me any.. actually just got my daughter the samsung exclaim but shes only had if since the 5th so im gonna swap it for the moment on the 1st just in time..
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
How is the hero treating you? I'm considering the choice of getting one or waiting for the next top android or wm phone.. What i use mainly on my diamond is Instant messenger and text / youtube / hear music / surf the net. I don't really use most those hardcore features others do so seems like it would fit me will? what keeps me from switching is most expensive app's I've invested in lol
Brilliantly. There was a learning curve with Android and Sense, but it was much smaller than the one for WinMo and its billion options. After using Android and Sense for a week, WinMo 6.5 feels downright absurdist. I can't believe how a week of this makes WinMo 6.5 seem absolutely ancient.

The breadth and maturity of the apps in the Market is the most staggering thing. WinMo might generally have apps that cover most (but certainly not all) of the functionality, but the apps here are just better. They actually feel more or less professional. And there are so many of them! I've already installed about 50 apps and kept more than half of them.

The browser experience is much faster and smoother on this phone than on the Diamond, but the page rendering isn't as perfect as Opera, surprisingly. I haven't run into any trouble yet, but every now and then something is out of place.

Youtube is about the same, maybe a bit faster. Looks great on the larger screen though. I never use IM. Text messaging is a bit more annoying on the default app (requires a lot more taps and swipes to respond to a message) but installing Handcent SMS fixes pretty much all that.

I tried a TP2 a couple of days ago and it seriously felt like I was using something from 2003.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
There was a learning curve with Android and Sense, but it was much smaller than the one for WinMo and its billion options. After using Android and Sense for a week, WinMo 6.5 feels downright absurdist. I can't believe how a week of this makes WinMo 6.5 seem absolutely ancient/
well said, couldnt agree more
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@toenail
Just to let you know, I pay over $100.00/mo. for my plan with 2 lines, and its not a SERO.
Sprint is Requiring the SE plans for anyone that wants to activate their newer devices, even if it costs $100'S of Dollars a year
more to do so.
Which is why I will be staying with my Diamond for awhile
Sprint is screwing many of its Customers with their Mandate
Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
@toenail
Just to let you know, I pay over $100.00/mo. for my plan with 2 lines, and its not a SERO.
Sprint is Requiring the SE plans for anyone that wants to activate their newer devices, even if it costs $100'S of Dollars a year
more to do so.
Which is why I will be staying with my Diamond for awhile
Sprint is screwing many of its Customers with their Mandate
Screwing their customers by not allowing them to transfer their super-promotional-never-should-have-really-had-it-anyway plan to every new phone they ever come out with?

Sprint's regular plans are great deals. Best in the industry.

They are screwing no one.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah but I'm waiting for the Leo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond