PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Upgrade to Diamond from Touch Vogue or go to TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90479)

CMeys 10-13-2009 05:13 PM

Upgrade to Diamond from Touch Vogue or go to TP2?

I'm on Sprint and at end of 2 years where I'm eligible for an upgrade. I've had the Sprint Touch (Vogue) for almost 2 years and have been very happy with other than the fact it is somewhat laggy (much improved after flashing better ROMs, but not perfect).

I DO NOT need a hardware keyboard. My phone is on it's last legs and I am ready for an upgrade.

The Diamond really seems to be what would work for me, but I'm concerned if it is also laggy (I realize it doesn't have a memory card slot; while I don't like that, I can live with it).

Or would I better off with the new Touch Pro 2 even though I don't need a keyboard? Is it significantly snappier than the Diamond? Only other advantage I can see for the TP2 is that it is a world phone which would be handy occasionally.

If I decide on the Diamond it looks like it might be cheaper to just get one on eBay than through Sprint.

I have been trying to negotiate the TP2 price with Sprint (am awaiting a call back) -- I don't have a business account, but a very high $$ family plan with a lot of phones on it.

What are your recommendations for me?

Thanks.

meccax5 10-13-2009 05:35 PM

Re: Upgrade to Diamond from Touch Vogue or go to TP2?

i have a diamond and i can tell you right now, the battery life is atrocious and to be honest i am getting sick of windows mobile. If i were you i would get the hero.

CMeys 10-13-2009 05:52 PM

I have some apps I need to use regularly (nothing the average guy would need) that need Windows Mobile.

Jocelyn84 10-13-2009 05:55 PM

I'm not sure how likely it is but I'd wait for the Leo aka Sprint Adonis...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90478

CMeys 10-13-2009 06:04 PM

Looks nice, but I probably can't wait that long. My Touch is on it's last legs (despite new flashes, it regularly locks up -- I hit the power button and nothing happens without a reset). Of course Sprint tells me nothing is wrong with it.

spiritcrusher33 10-13-2009 06:20 PM

1. for getting a diamond off ebay or craigslist.. and save your upgrade for something better down the road.. this option will save money and your upgrade...

CMeys 10-13-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 1235472)
1. for getting a diamond off ebay or craigslist.. and save your upgrade for something better down the road.. this option will save money and your upgrade...

Thanks. I am seriously considering that. How does the Diamond's speed compare to my old Touch? Is it comparably laggy or is it noticeably better?

Jocelyn84 10-13-2009 06:30 PM

Comparably better imo... Its way faster, although I guess i could depend on the rom you're running.

CMeys 10-13-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 (Post 1235491)
Comparably better imo... Its way faster, although I guess i could depend on the rom you're running.

Thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from Sprint. Unless they offer me a really good deal on the TP2 (not very likely) I'll probably go with a Diamond from eBay. I only would buy a new one though and there aren't many listed (right now 3 for $240 or under shipped).

MrObvious 10-13-2009 07:20 PM

I would say if you can get a TP2 for $199 go for that. Too bad they aren't getting the Imagio. But wait and see what some more phones are because the Diamond is a year old.