PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
So if Sprint gets Touch Diamond 2..

Does that mean we'll get the same deal Touch Pro users are getting with TP2?

Donate if you like my work!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: So if Sprint gets Touch Diamond 2..

I already wrote a sob story to ecare about my diamond... Told em I went to the store, they offered me a TP2 as replacement, but didn't have any in stock. I said they told me to either contact Sprint or come back in a week for a TP2 as replacement. I know this doesn't apply to what you asked, but I'll keep you posted on the results :P
Old 10-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tburk32 is a n00b

they are replacing diamonds with touch pro 2s?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre, going back to my htc diamond.
Carrier: sprint

olgreg20 is just getting started

i doubt they will, i went into sprint with my "broken" diamond. and they (sprint repair center) told me that they can only replace it with the touch.....yeah, sprint thinks that the touch is comparable to the diamond...i called everyone and theyre mother, not only complaining about the stupid offer. but the people at the repair centers are totall morons. no joke. they also told me that assurion isnt gonna replace it with anything else, other than the "comparable" htc touch...if your methods works out please drop the hints!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

We have to get the Diamond 2 first, or rather Sprint has to get it.
I don't know if the problems are as widespread with the Daimond as they are with the Pro. I like my Diamond
That being said, who knows what Sprint will do, as sometimes there is no rhyme of reason regarding their actions
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreg20 View Post
i doubt they will, i went into sprint with my "broken" diamond. and they (sprint repair center) told me that they can only replace it with the touch.....yeah, sprint thinks that the touch is comparable to the diamond...i called everyone and theyre mother, not only complaining about the stupid offer. but the people at the repair centers are totall morons. no joke. they also told me that assurion isnt gonna replace it with anything else, other than the "comparable" htc touch...if your methods works out please drop the hints!
They didn't have any Diamonds to replace it with?
Sounds like the Reps at the Sprint Repair Center you went to are total Aholes
and I probably would have let them know as much

I would have notified Sprint directly and make them aware of what appears to be incorrect information being given by the Store Reps you went to. It's not like Sprint Reps have never given out misinformation before
Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Oh for crying out loud !The reason why Sprint is replacing TPs for TP2s is because the TP had so many hardware design flaws. The Diamond doesn't have these issues. Geez people, stop trying to jump on the "gimme something for nothing" train!Do you people do the same thing with everything you use? When you use a car for a couple years and you start having mechanical problems do you call and complain to the car manufacturer that you aren't happy and they should give you the newest model!? Where does it end!?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 AM
N00b

hahaha i did call sprint, and they recomended i go to another store and see if they have any diamonds to get my replacement. but i kid you not ive been to everystore...and its the same deal. theyre all aholes, and i end up walking out, and when ive asked for names, i got lied to. they were giving me bull names, that was a fun day. lol. but after i told the supervisor at customer care that i did not want to go into a store, becuase of the awfull customer service, he told me, that they no longer do over then phone replacements, and I HAVE to go in.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Oh for crying out loud !The reason why Sprint is replacing TPs for TP2s is because the TP had so many hardware design flaws. The Diamond doesn't have these issues. Geez people, stop trying to jump on the "gimme something for nothing" train!Do you people do the same thing with everything you use? When you use a car for a couple years and you start having mechanical problems do you call and complain to the car manufacturer that you aren't happy and they should give you the newest model!? Where does it end!?
hahaha pent up anger? maybe the person whe posted the question has had just as many problems with the diamond as i have, ive gone through 4 so far and not becuase i broke them its been speaker problems. buttons not working, the vibration on it goes out... ask before you jump on the "im gonna judge you before i know the whole story" train.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
To be quite honest, tons and tons of Sprint diamond and TP owners here did the same thing last year getting their vogue's replaced with diamonds. Nobody really had a problem with that 27 page thread back then. Same thing happened with people getting TP's for their moguls.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37509
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38444

No one really cared about us doing it then and I'm not sure why anyone would really care to play "lets support corporatocracy" on this one. This will probably wind up being an annual thing lol

Edit: PS That's how I got my free diamond

Last edited by Jocelyn84; 10-13-2009 at 02:59 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond